2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

Why didn’t he just read The Bible? I’ve been told it’s 6000 years.

(Sorry. I had to.)

3 Likes

She does a ton of work to foster very strong parasocial relationships with her fans that have created very strong ties. Her fans follow her and her music a lot closer than other musicians I think. It’s also just a pure numbers thing as she has so many fans. She is about to pass the Beatles for the longest run in the top 10 of all time a record nobody thought could be broken.

2 Likes

Not Sex Bob-Omb.

3 Likes

I’m familiar with the first one, but your post is the first time I’ve heard the second one.

I have an 11 year old daughter too. I’m surprised I don’t know more T Swift songs.

I don’t really listen to music at all, and I still probably know three or four Taylor songs. I couldn’t name them but I could identify them.

I can think the Romeo and Juliet one, the one about Jake gyllenhal (although I need to hear it again) and shake it off. I might know a couple others not sure.

That is the jake gyllenhal song I couldn’t remember I think or I know four songs.

I enjoyed the pop Beatles but didn’t really appreciate their turn to the psychedelic. I know that puts me at odds with many/most Beatles fans. I don’t really like much of their trippy stuff at all.

Olivia Rodrigo or the monkees

1 Like

I think it really depends from song to song.

Tomorrow Never Knows is amazing IMO, and the White Album has like 4-5 great songs but the rest of it borders on unlistenable.

1 Like

Why is her backup band The Bloodhound Gang?

2 Likes

Imo part of the reason later generations aren’t as impressed by the Beatles is because their influence on music shaped what we now think of as common. Same goes for many old artists. Doing it first (or first-ish) is impressive in its own right, even though now they seem kind of average.

2 Likes

Rodrigo. But this song is really good.

2 Likes

Very long ago recollection but my recall says— One time it was a 6 and the limit is 4. The other time 10+.

My point. Seems more like the Puritans/Pilgrims came here to be free to persecute. Like the English kicked them out cause they were all up in other peoples business.

Quakers: As long as you are here with us, follow our rules or GTFO. We don’t care what you do over there.

Pilgrims: hey you over there, follow our rules or we will stone you or something. Like even if you think about breaking our rules. Capiche?

1 Like

10 Likes

An obvious feature of anarchist groups whether they are trying to hide from authority or not. At Food-Not-Bombs for example, I’ve been there several times, helped people make and distribute food and no one cared what my name is or asks me to sign up for anything and I had little idea of who organized anything. Still, food was made and distributed and nothing seemed difficult or required much discussion.

2 Likes

I would be up for going back once election season is over.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll hit you up or, that’s a while, so I might forget, but hit me up whenever.

If I were ambitious (I’m not), I’d try to figure out how something better than just soup and salad all made out of the same things could be made. Maybe just bring a bunch of pasta or something.

I meant after March 5, the local election season. Unless the fascist gets onto our school board in which case I may 3D print some…stuff…and take to the hills. Kidding! I kid!

1 Like

That sounds nice, but if you got more organized you could have eventually incorporated and been acquired by Walmart, and the founders would have been rich! The starving people would have been out of luck, I suppose, but thems the breaks.