2023 NFL Gameday Thread: SUPER refBOWL!

Watson was WIDE open on multiple deep shots and Mahomes kept badly underthrowing him including on that one play that should have been a TD (but was a TD like 2 plays later)

That year’s AFC championship game was on my birthday. They definitely had them in the first half and then WOOF.

They had plenty of good luck and calls go their way over two decades - the only call that went against the Patriots that I still remember and get angry about is the Pass Interference call in the endzone on Ellis Hobbs in that game. Even the holding on the Giants helmet catch doesn’t bother me as much as that one.

It was 2nd and 7 in the 3rd quarter Pats up 8, and Manning threw a pass to Wayne in the end zone. Hobbs literally doesn’t touch him and they called PI. Dumbass Phil Simms hyuks it up and says it’s a good call because it’s face guarding - only face guarding isn’t a penalty in 2006. The NFL actually sent Ellis Hobbs an apology letter the call was so bad. So instead of 3rd and 7 , they get first and goal at the 1. Obviously, Manning in a Dome, there’s a good chance they pick up the first, anyway. But they get 18 free yards and the gimme touchdown, and then convert the 2pts to tie.

The Youtube Link should go to the right time for the play, it’s at 1:14:50

Hobbs, I always felt a little bad for. He never got to win a ring, and was the victim on this play. He was also in coverage on the Burress catch that put the Giants ahead in the 2007 Super Bowl, and Hobbs was playing on a really bad injury.

Yeah that was bad. I think there was a pretty weak roughing call for a hand grazing 5head’s helmet. They still could’ve won if not for Caldwell dropping that easy TD.

Hell, they were lucky to be there. Didn’t Brady throw what should’ve been a game ending INT the prior game? The defender just had to go to the ground and instead got stripped by Troy Brown.

Let’s GOOOOOO REDZONE

I don’t gamble but line on ravens and Texans seems crazy, but the Texans will be horrible.

octobox

1 Like

I was hoping Purdy was a mirage

lol stealers

I miss Andrew Siciliano :(

I have the AFC on FOX and the NFC on CBS. Isn’t that backwards?

Normally but I learned last year those conference divides are not 100% any more

1 Like

F Sam Howell f the cardinals

There are so many weapons on that team, that even a decent QB is going to have some success

True. I thought about that, but I want him to regress.

Doesnt seem likely at this point. His favorite target is like the 3rd best receiver on the team and would be the top receiver on like 80% of rosters out there. Hes accurate and has been making good decisions. Not a lot else is needed right now.

Throw him on the Texans and he woild obviously regreess, but a rising tide and all ships and all that jazz.

You think he is in his living room with the sound off calling the action.

God damn Aiyuk is good.

Thinking my two most hated teams outside the nfc east are Pittsburgh and San Francisco.

And Purdy just threw another td

Who hates SF?