2023 NFL Gameday Thread: SUPER refBOWL!

Why does everyone affiliated with KC sound like cash me outside girl?

I thought phantom PI on Logan Wilson clamping Kupp was one of the worst calls I’d ever see outside of replacement refs butnahh.

Also explain why the ref went to Reid on the grounding call. That should only happen if the call is illegal touching since that wouldn’t involve loss of down.

https://twitter.com/BenBrownPL/status/1475186757930995715?s=20&t=ZdbMi5yJXMTj4ssC9HxzcA

Let’s not forget they picked this one up last season.

Loooool Footbaw!

Still has to get to the LOS though, doesn’t it?

A highlight package of just penalty calls with analysis would be interesting.

He was being contacted by defensive player when he threw, so I’d argue not.

Yep. They were just calling penalties until the Rams scored.

I swear this time is different and I’m done watching…

Don’t think so. Since QB throw the ball directly at the RB feet all the time on broken screen plays.

dont get baited by the performance art

Guy has clearly, multiple times, said he means every word he says.

Would you like me to remind you what that includes?

Maybe I’ll calm down once I clean up all the glass on my floor.

Thread took a turn…

I’m mad about the terrible refs too. But woah some of you are weirdos.

2 Likes

Still to mad about chiefs winning to give this a heart.

Looked up the rule. LOS only relevant outside the tackle box. Intentional grounding should not be called if the passer is significantly affected by a defender.

The DPI call late was definitely sketchy.

But I don’t know why everyone is freaking out about the grounding call. It didn’t land anywhere close the the RB. Burrow was doing that all game - throwing it right at the feet of his linemen. And they finally called it on the most egregious one. Also I don’t think that made a difference in the game as it was on the next to last drive and they got the first down anyway right? Or am I remembering wrong?

Anyway holy shit that was awesome and fuck off Cincy you trash-talking Jabronis. Have a fun plane right home.

1 Like

Everyone rustled by these calls should just wait a bit. I’m sure suzzer will be along to explain to us how the calls were correct and/or justified by heinous injustices against the Chiefs in the past.

Edit: Damn I was like 1 min too late with this post.

3 Likes

Did you miss the part where they literally gave the chiefs a 3rd down do over

2 Likes

Didn’t see the game, was on a flight. Feels sucky I don’t have the bungles to root for in the SB. Couldn’t really care who wins, fly eagles I guess.