2023 NFL Gameday Thread: SUPER refBOWL!

I will argue about the stolen win. Cowboys were not told 68 was eligible and so they didn’t cover him. The best case scenario is a do over there. 68 caught the ball but the cowboys were not covering him because he was not reported to them.

The cowboys players said they had 70 covered because he was reported as eligible but not 68. The refs screwed up but that doesn’t get fixed by letting that play stand.

The refs should have called for a do over, even though it burned a play for Detroit, it would have been the most reasonable solution given their screw up (the refs)

I guess the only requirement is that they announce it over the PA. But if it’s loud the ref will walk over and tell the defense.

Well that’s what the league wants.

I remember a game a long time ago where Ed Hoculi was the lead ref. Den vs SD. It’s the end of the game and there is some goal line play where he fucks up by, IIRC, blowing the whistle early (may have been something else). Long story short, if he hadn’t fucked up SD would have won. But because he did, Den won.

The best part of it that when he makes the call in the stadium, he just straight up admits it “I blew the whistle inadvertently and so …”. You can tell he feels shitty about it. This is a very important part of his job and he messed up. But he completely owns the mistake and doesn’t try to bullshit his way out of it.

NFL punished him quite severely for it after the fact.

I’d put him in the ref hall of fame just for that. Every ref is going to fuck up sometimes. You don’t have to make it worse by claiming we all didn’t see what we just saw. But apparently that is what the NFL wants.

1 Like

No takers again?

What the fuck Tyreek? You can’t beat these guys dropping TDs like that.

Mina Kimes said something interesting and that is of Detroit and Dallas were reversed Dallas would be getting roasted today for screwing up a reporting eligible situation. Not sure I disagree.

SF/WAS zooming along. A little over 1 hour for the first half.

Philly not going to lose. :disappointed:

I love Kimes, but that is a horseshit take with the video that we’ve got.

1 Like

Ravens are scary.

That’s how you know Baltimore doesn’t fear these clowns even a little bit.

4th and 7 with Justin Tucker as a kicker. Go for it.

Result was never in doubt.

You underestimate the anti cowboy bias in the world.

Punt is wrong here, but probably not that bad.

Tua is such a fraud. Please do not fucking pay this guy.

Im sorry Arizona, what the fuck are you doing?

“At the end of this game, we are going to bonus coverage of AZ/PHI.”

“Cuts to two minute commercial while AZ goes 70 yards down the field”

Fuck you fox

1 Like

Come on cardinals!

Come on baby, holllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllld

CardsCardsCards