2023 NFL Gameday Thread: SUPER refBOWL!

So? They shouldn’t call it if he is OOB by only 3 inches. It’s football and they’re going full speed. If it’s that close, then you shouldn’t be calling that. Personal foul should be for obviously egregious shit.

Packers call a TO to make sure MVS has time to recover.

1 Like

As if that scrub is gonna do anything useful

No DPI call on that MVS bomb was horrid

That’s why the Packers want him on the field. They know what he’s like.

1 Like

Yeah. Less horrid than the Mahomes call, imo, but still terrible.

@suzzer99 get absolutely fucked you cry baby bitch

4 Likes

Lol Collinsworst whining for a DPI on a hail Mary.

Lol glad a regular season Chefs loss could inspire your triumphant return to unstuck

2 Likes

It was far worse

Obviously.

Mahomes was clearly heading out of bounds and giving himself up when he got hammered. It was probably correct.

The DPI was a top10 all time bad call.

1 Like

Wrong on all counts.

Section 2, Article 8(g) is applicable on these facts.

Even if you think it’s ambiguous whether Mahomes is giving himself up (which in context is ridiculous because he needs to stop the clock and is running at a sharp angle out of bounds), the “Note” to this Article resolves it.

You mean this?

Obvious (1) doesn’t apply. Not debatable.

As far as (2) is concerned, he is a runner going out of bounds. That call is never, ever made if a WR or RB is running towards the sideline and still in bounds. If they’ve got a special rule for a QB running out of bound 10 yards (or whatever it was) beyond the line of scrimmage, then maybe you could show me that one.

Also the ref’s call was specifically “After the play was over, …”. Those are the words he said. That’s clearly incorrect. Not even debatable. Mahomes was inbounds and no whistle had blown. So he was invoking (1), which anyone with eyes can see was not applicable.

The note doesn’t apply since he was invoking (1), which was clearly incorrect.

*unless KC

The note doesn’t indicate (or even imply) that the act has to occur after the ball is whistled dead. No idea where you made that error, but at least you’re consistent with not knowing the rules (even when they’re laid out for you).

Note: When in question about a roughness call or potentially dangerous tactics, the covering official(s) should always call unnecessary roughness. [bold mine to help out the hard of understanding]

Please explain where that Note states the action must occur after the play is dead.

The official could very reasonably have thought either (1) the foot was out (which would have been very slightly wrong, but not egregious); or (2) meant that “the play was over when Mahomes gave himself up by running at a sharp angle out of bounds when he was 100% obviously doing that to anyone with a pulse.

Furthermore, the contact was excessive. It was jarring. That moves the needle as well, cuz, ya know, UNNECESSARY is in the fucking rule you moron.

Again, I am only saying it was QUESTIONABLE DURING THE LIVE ACTION whether the call was wrong. I think it’s pretty clearly correct based on the letter and spirit of the rules and the entire ethos of the rules is to protect players (which is in the prefatory text which you’re clearly ignorant of as well—consistent!)

You’re trying to say, moronically, that this probably correct and AT WORST, understandably wrong call was worse than the ClimbOnBackDPI. Just stop bro; it’s embarrassing to have to even deign to respond really.

You’re not aware of special rules for QBs in the fucking NFL?

Have you been in a coma for 25 years?

So are we going by the written rules or the unwritten ones? Or do you just pick and choose arbitrarily?

You understand determining what is “unnecessary” is inherently arbitrary right?

How smart were the wolves who raised you? Did they teach you the meanings of words?

There is no question. Mahomes was clearly in bounds. That was obvious even in real time.

It sounds like your position is that the call was correct because the official wrongly decided that the play was over and therefore he needs to act on that incorrect judgement.

That really stretches the definition of what a “correct call” is. By that standard any call can be correct based on what an official imagines that they saw.

Also as far as whether it was “unnecessary” is concerned. If that’s Derrick Henry or DK Metcalf running OOB like that and taking that very same hit, it is not called. So I guess your position is that refs are just routinely blowing that call, but this one time it was actually correct.

Liar. His foot was inches in bounds.

Anyone watching that play could UNDERSTAND how the contact could be unnecessary given

(1) the context of the play
(2) the angle of Mahomes’ path
(3) the closeness of him to the out of bounds line
(4) the fact that he, a QB who of course have special protections not afforded other players, was hit with force

My point, which your confusion elevates nicely, is that it was ambiguous (which the rules helpfully point out should be resolved toward flags).

I make no point about whether officials get this call wrong or w/e, just the letter of the law clearly shows how it could have been called.

You can’t even begin to defend the original argument—that the DPI was much less egregious—because you now realize, in your silence, that you were foolishly wrong.