2023 NFL Gameday Thread: SUPER refBOWL!

Tua is the modern day Chad Pennington, before his shoulder injury where he went from weak arm to super weak arm. Elite all over the field except can’t throw it more than 55 yards in the air.

55 in the air is a lot. I’ll take a Tua who can’t do that, but is great on anything less. Unfortunately, I don’t think he’s actually great at everything under that.

And he keeps proving you wrong.

Eh that was a bad hit

Let’s hope he doesn’t stop.

55 yd fg when you had one blocked and they did literally the same thing and he got through unblocked and the guy is absolute shit at 50+ yd field goals

or go for it pick up a few yards and nearly end the game

hard call

it is strange to me because, when he was in college, he really could sling it. I saw him play a ton. When I have said that though, people always respond “Well he had megaelite receivers!” Which is true, except he has that now and can’t seem to throw it more than 50 yards :man_shrugging: Maybe the injuries piling up have taken their toll?

I do remember there was a lot of talk tua didn’t have a good arm coming out

it’s not a super big deal neither did tom brady but it does matter

oh wow

I seem to recall that as well. However, I don’t watch any college football, so I have no idea how true it may have been.

I think people were down on him after he went down with the really bad injury in the LSU game the year Burrow went ham, but that was ankle shit. That game, think it was his first, the game winner was like 50 yards and he hit the guy in stride no worries, now those throws are behind the WR every time so something happened in the meantime. He hasn’t been the same qb though since that LSU game.

he was short but call will stand

Thought the same. Surprised they actually had the balls to go with the right call instead of hiding behind the burden of proof.

Jfc how do you overturn that

Seems clear it was short

1 Like

Yes

Yeah, but still surprising that they got it right.

It was not clear at all. They let calls stand despite way more obvious evidence than that.

Bolded is correct. Refs do make a lot of bad calls.

Earlier they didn’t overturn one that looked about the same. Ah well, nevertheless!