2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

The countertop space issue is annoying. For me it’s just the general benefit of being able to reheat leftovers and cook some things that would normally be fried in a more healthy way. Oftentimes leftovers are better reheated in the airfryer than they were in the first place.

Adding on to what others have said I also have a toaster oven and those are very useful as well.

Quick note if you ever find yourself at a taco time -

If you order like you would at taco bell you better bring a ton of cash. Taco time has to be about 300% more expensive.

Theyre all standard ones you would see in a mall food court in western Canada bar Wendy’s

Bump

1 Like

But 3000x better!

It looks like there’s a couple of Opa! locations on the Toronto area, just not parts of the city where I usually go.

1 Like

holy shit India.

Also, West Africa much more dense than I would have expected

I share your pain. Luckily there are none nearby or Id eat a few more meals alone

More than 200 million people in Nigeria, the world’s sixth most populous country, mainly in the South.

I got one last Christmas. I tried it once, and I wasn’t impressed.

I was thinking of getting one because I occasionally want to fry something like a whole fish but hate using a ton of oil then throwing it out. What didn’t you like about it?

Cleanup was a hassle, and it wasn’t much of an imitation of a frier.

Yeah I was under the impression that they coated the food in a spray of hot oil as it cooked. But reading up on it just now it seems that ZZ is right that they’re merely convection ovens and don’t actually spray any oil on the food. Sounds pointless.

I have the Cuisinart and have gotten a ton of use out of it but it would be criminal not to drop the extra $300 on the Anova.

All this talk of kitchen gadgets led me to discover that Anova has a chamber vacuum sealer for $350. Now I kinda want my FoodSaver to die so I have an excuse to buy one.

how could it possibly be worth that much?

The ability to vac seal wet things would be huge for me. I often cook in large batches then portion and freeze. If it’s something like sauce or beans, I have to freeze it in one container first, then pop it out and vac seal it in another.

1 Like