2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

Interesting. What do the resident black members of UP have to say?

Better yet, why in the fuck do you think speaking like this isn’t complete cringe? Because what you are doing here has nothing to do with giving a single fuck about poc.

Like at a poker table when someone says, “nice hand, sir”, a newb might be pleased to be complimented on his play but a reg is going to be thinking “yeah, same to you, bub”. Of course I’m sure many people are genuinely nice and we’re over generalizing here.

Thanks for clearing that up.

For a minute I thought it was white, coastal elites intellectually masturbating under the guise of actually giving a fuck about black people in the south.

Bro, why so aggro here?

2 Likes

I’m describing my personal experiences. If you think I’m misinterpreting peoples’ attitudes, white/black/southern/yankee/whatever, I’d be happy to hear your take on it.

I first heard what zikzak said from Chris Rock during one of his stand up specials. I suppose it’s possible it had zero truth behind it at all, but that’s not how he seemed to be presenting it.

I assume Rock has sufficient blackness and living in the South to satisfy you.

Notwithstanding Rock’s heel turn against “woke” and “cancel culture”?

I haven’t seen any of his recent material, so I’m not aware of this. The bit I’m talking about was over 10 yrs ago. Probably closer to 20.

Just saying that Rock (now) probably strongly disagrees with the (perhaps dated) Rock takes from 20 years ago.

My observation as well. I’m sure plenty of it is appearances, but if someone is being friendly in random encounters I don’t really care that much about their motives.

Maybe. I kind of doubt that he would disagree with that very specific thing he said. I found it. You can judge for yourself. Start at 4:10

Hey, I know of a famous black guy that said something. Lol.

I’m not the one speaking for and/or against large swaths of people in absolutes using Fox News level innuendo.

I assume Rock has sufficient blackness and living in the South to satisfy you.

Fuck off.

You know how sometimes you lose it and overreact. This is one of those times.

I’m not sure where you got “large swaths of people” from. Zikzak said that you can often find people like that. Rock was even more specific in who he was referring to. I don’t know why your jimmies are getting so rustled by the suggestion that some black people do that sometimes. I’m not even sure why it would be offensive to suggest that. Just about everyone is fake nice sometimes. Anyway, maybe when you calm down you can use a few more words and try to explain.

1 Like

Someone sure knows how to crush a little fun.

5 Likes

You all make good points imo.

4eaaad9c5e86e4e22b45f9818ceffceaef9dc699d4dbf2246565b5bff20b6c48

1 Like

https://twitter.com/US_Stormwatch/status/1611075205702746112?t=DhrKJ8GH1k3rbBEs5IRK0w&s=19

1 Like

Is that enough water to fill up Lake shasta back to half full?

1 Like

Mono lake to 10 percent capacity?

Make Big Bear dry fingers wet again?

1 Like