2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

Yeah, they caught the guy who at first glance appears to be a psychopath who painstakingly studied crime in the months leading up to it.

He was a student at Washington State University, another school to which my kid has been admitted.

Neither of these schools were at the top of the list, and said kid has already been admitted to their “top” safety, so now it’s just a matter of whether they get into any UCs or San Diego State. I feel bad for Idaho, they’re doing a good job making the pitch.

If your kid didn’t get into the #1 safety, would these killings be a factor in the decision? Seems like a completely one-off kind of thing. But I haven’t really been following the story.

2 Likes

I had multiple good chuckles while reading this one

This part was fun:

2 Likes

I’m confused here, because a three year old ain’t a baby and can actually have certain behaviors reinforced. 12 months? Not really.

The reason to hate it is it cuts the whole fucking city from the river. Not only that you hear highway traffic 10 feet away at all points while you’re on the river. Not only that there is an interstate a half a mile south that goes the same direction! Abominable.

Around half of Boston is on landfill. Pretty good rule of thumb is if it’s flat it’s landfill.

1 Like

Nah, not really. Although I would’ve pushed hard for WSU over Idaho because Washington laws are much more LGBTQ-friendly than Idaho’s.

4 Likes

what idaho laws would have you worried?

1 Like

They’re anti-abortion. Obviously bad for women. Not a stretch to see why it is undesirable for men too from a self-interest standpoint.

id agree, but in her specific case, washington is just like a 10 minute drive right?

or it’s the principle?

edit; to LFS obv

The reason to like it is you can put it on landfill so you don’t have to bulldoze homes. Which I have heard is terrible.

My favorite lakefront park is cut off by a heavily used freight RR. It stinks to have to wait there in the summer but for the 8 months a year when no one uses the lakefront it’s great because the trains aren’t blocking traffic.

1 Like

Or maybe you can get rid of it and build more housing, yay!

How does that transition make any sense? Seems completely irrelevant and unnecessary unless there was some context that would make someone think that.

Some bigots just can’t keep it bottled up when they should. It’s like Jessop wanting to admit that he ordered the code red.

https://twitter.com/ZeroSuitCamus/status/1608928676279881728?s=20&t=WQNnTtelbKC99mI7q2ue3w
https://twitter.com/Breaking_4_News/status/1608613235632254979?s=20&t=WQNnTtelbKC99mI7q2ue3w

5 Likes

This is it boys!

2 Likes

I dunno. Not sure they’ll catch the guy without at least 20 more cop cars

6 Likes

Also, WSU keeps a couple dozen motherfucking Grizzly Bears on campus for hibernation research (with implications for human obesity), and that is way more awesome than anything U. Idaho has.

2 Likes

EVERYONE.gif

2 Likes