2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

Thanks.

Probably also dependent on what youā€™ve got to fly back to.

My dad had similar stuff with a UTI.

I am not a doctor.

Have you checked for stroke symptoms?

Is there someone who can check in on him if you arent there?

The state Attorney General usually has an all purpose consumer fraud unit. Theyā€™re more likely to care than cops or the FBI imo. @hokie

3 Likes

Which is basically nothing.

I pushed my flight back to Friday. Iā€™m trying to get my Dad to make an appointment with his PC.

Edit: My dad is very stubborn.

Well, thanks, although I wish you didnā€™t feel you had to do that (push my flight back). Iā€™m still feeling okay. So this was ā€œa sudden attack of the rigors.ā€ Iā€™m going to see how I feel tomorrow, before I consider contacting my primary care physician. It sure was weird. Thanks again for caring and being there for me. Iā€™ll keep you posted.

4 Likes

Rod Dreher:

A friend back in the US forwarded to me yesterday a Twitter thread in which a leftist journalist uncovered in archives proof of a terrible story that I had long suspected was true, but hoped against hope was not: that my late father was a member of the Ku Klux Klan in the 1960s.

lol

White lady was mad that I took the red arrow path and made a passive aggressive comment to the guy with her. I guess she feels like i should have taken the blue arrow path. Is there some kind of rule that you are only supposed to join a line vertically?

You were joining a line and she was annoyed you walked directly to your spot instead of circling around behind her?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/GretaThunberg/status/1608056944501178368

23 Likes

Wow!

https://twitter.com/meagan_flynn/status/1608116314257645568?s=46&t=f9O-bg0fHZQzNhiSONq36A

2 Likes

Yeah, like once someone is vertically aligned and moving towards the line their spot is saved.

I think heā€™s saying they arrived at the same time, him from the side, while she was lined up for landing.

I think xiaoā€™s approach is fine, but if it bothers you that someone else thinks you cut the line, just go behind them in the first place.

Lol, almost worth his account being unbanned just for that savagery.

1 Like

I know prime shipping has been a joke for a while but I placed an order for a bunch of stuff, like 13 different items, on Monday and itā€™s broken up into about 6 different shipments and not a single one of them is scheduled to arrive before Saturday.

1 Like

This might be the single greatest tweet of all time.

https://twitter.com/gretathunberg/status/1608056944501178368?s=61&t=ffquUAYSh1kFVTh3VaUYsw

1 Like

Absolutely not. I was initially confused as I didnā€™t realize that C and D were different people, each moving towards the back of the line (see enhanced diagram below).

The basic law that governs this scenario is that there is a box (commonly referred to as the ā€œhot zoneā€ by academics) that measures exactly 6 feet square. This imaginary area begins at the rear-most body part of the last person in line. This is usually the buttocks, but might be the heels for extreme forward-leaners or even the back of the cranium for large-headed individuals.

Except under extraordinary circumstances, whoever enters the hot zone first becomes the next person in line. The trajectory does not matter, nor does the velocity of the liner-upper. Your competitor might be sprinting with a pregnant wife and a crying baby waiting in a running car left in a no-parking zone, but as long as any part of your body enters the hot zone first, the next spot in line is unequivocally yours.

Obviously once in line you can voluntarily give up your spot to anybody behind you. You can also wave your competitor ahead of you if youā€™re both approaching the hot zone simultaneously. For example, you might choose to do this if your competitor is using a cane or a walker, or if he appears to be feeble-minded (perhaps as evidenced by wardrobe choices like a ā€œLetā€™s Go Brandonā€ t-shirt or Uggs).

Common sense should always be used. While it would be your absolute right to jog past a person in a wheelchair to beat them to the hot zone, doing so might result in unintended consequences including shame and guilt, not to mention the very real possibility of physical harm at the hands of witnesses.

13 Likes

The exception to this is the self checkout line where they donā€™t leave enough space to not block the main highway.

If you donā€™t at least look down the intersecting grocery aisle to see if someone is already there, youā€™re an asshole.

6 Likes

The craziest thing is that if you look his bio is that his professional career is basically him taking over his dadā€™s auto dealership business. That career trajectory has idiot failson written all over it.

1 Like

Note - if there is any ambiguity in these scenerios, it is always good to hurl a personal item at the feet of the last person in line to reserve your place. I reccomend a purse or a set of keys or something.

2 Likes

:vince1:

1 Like