2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

@Rivaldo and UP collective.

My neighbors are an elderly couple who are getting senile. They’ve been feeding a stray cat that they don’t let inside. They are out of town for the holidays and I’ve been keeping an eye on the cat.

Little Rock will be getting down to the low single digits the next couple of days. I can’t let the cat in my house as I am highly suspicious that my dog is a cat eater. There’s a doghouse outside that I think the cat stays in. I’ve furnished it with fresh blankets and covered it with an old waterproof army jacket.

I checked on the cat earlier and it wasn’t inside the house but in the bushes next to it and darted away when I approached. I’m guessing the cat is smart enough to go inside the house if it needs to. Any advice? It’s snowing and raining right now and I’m worried the cat will get wet.

Planned on changing out the bedding with dry linens in the morning. Not sure what more I can do. Don’t mind leaving my car window down if there’s a way I can invite them into the car.

2 Likes

Heat it up, mix it up with some heavy cream, and give us a TR

First they killed Jesus Christ. Now this.

1 Like

Idk if it’s practical but how about putting a small heating pad in the doghouse? You can get one at Walmart for ~$15. I guess you’d have to run it off a long extension cord.

1 Like

So you saw the words CLAM CHOWDER but didn’t see the large picture of red stew?

Oh, God, yes, it sounds fucking harrowing, how did you possibly endure this torment?

There’s no picture on the can and the Manhattan part is smaller and I wasn’t wearing my glasses. It’s quite deceptive imo. Probably the only way they can sell this stuff.

4 Likes

That’s a serious bad beat. Manhattan style is the nut low chowder.

I was internally mockingly you, but this is incredibly deceptive.

2 Likes

“Bar Harbor” and “docks of maine” imply new england style IMO, wtf

4 Likes

Yeah that’s a scam right there

Jesus. Don’t do this to the neighbour’s cat.

12 Likes

Manhattan clam chowder is delicious just like everything else about the city. Thank you

1 Like

I like it too but I was not courageous enough to be the first one to say so. #allchowdersmatter

1 Like

Nothing natural about Manhattan chowder

1 Like

Would you rather have this?

10 Likes

https://twitter.com/gracevadams/status/1606021111493562368

https://twitter.com/gracevadams/status/1606053075961405441

More charity math. I assume this charity is doing good. But something feels weird to me about quantifying it as a binary choice of life lost or life saved.

Shouldn’t an effective charity also put money towards easing suffering, getting people on their feet, education, etc.? I assume they do. Which is why putting the entire donation in terms of lives saved seems weird.

I’ll probably just keep buying the wrong stuff like I usually do. They seem ok with that. Like this stuff, for example. I’ve managed to buy the one on the right several times after mistaking it for the left. They’re right next to each other on the shelf and sometimes jumbled together in the same slot. Twinings of London doesn’t seem to mind when I get it wrong.

1 Like