2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

One of my favorite trashy desserts as a kid was 5-cup salad, which I think normal people refer to as Ambrosia.

I insisted that we bring it to a pot luck dinner one time and my wife was absolutely mortified.

hell yeah

2 Likes

Are you from Utah?

I spent some time growing up in Indiana.

He’d be talking about funeral potatoes if he was.

And presumably sporting a long list of trampoline injuries.

We used to eat something called carrot salad which was orange jello filled with shredded carrots and raisins. Usually topped with whipped cream from the cannister. Surprisingly good. The fight amongst extended family members was whether or not the recipe should also contain chopped walnuts.

When this conversation started I Googled the recipe for the green stuff and apparently some people put walnuts in it.

1 Like

My great grandmother used to make some cabbage dish with quarters in it for New Year’s

We were poor so we used nickels.

2 Likes

The king reads basically what the PM tells him to, he doesn’t actually get to say what he wants at all.

Just an interesting nugget from when I was doing a deep dive on British government

No, he’d be talking about a jello mold.

I’m 50 years old and I’m not sure what to do about washing my hands when I have a band-aid on one finger. Just let it get it wet? Put on a new band-aid every time I wash my hands? Somehow wash my hands while keeping the tip of my left pointer finger dry? How the hell did I even make it this far.

1 Like

I just get the bandaid wet and let it be, but I don’t run into this problem very often

1 Like

Appears you aren’t the only one with this question

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoStupidQuestions/s/bWfUxXsm0V

Happy Four Seasons Landscaping Day to all who celebrate!

12 Likes

I just don’t wash my hands if I have a band aid.

6 Likes

Same but purple.

Purple stuff has walnuts I think.

Ate this a lot growing up, but not with jello. Was yours seasoned with cinnamon?