2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

You guys are clearly not demented enough for this ad

1 Like

What is MURDR TV?

If thatā€™s what it is, then she seems pretty upset about it.

Also the murdr thing made me think abortion.

Google seems to say something related to car people/groups

She had to forfeit her tennis match ldo.

2 Likes

So today I learned Columbia House CD/DVD scam is still a thing, hanging on by what must be by the thinnest threads

I guess they must still have some suckers out there, but who the fuck are they?

I personally saw way more people scam those CD clubs than get scammed by those CD clubs.

3 Likes

If those things (where 90ā€™s teenagers like me were able to get a dozen cds for a couple bucks) were a scam, then what about the music sold in retail stores like Sam Goodie for $15 per CD?

Keep in mind this was pre napster

I signed up for one of those things and got several R.E.M. albums, the Phantom of the Opera original cast recording, Cracked Rear View, and some other stuff I canā€™t remember (U2?). I just wrote return to sender on the rest of the stuff they sent until they cancelled my account.

Yeah, I did one or both of those CD clubs and it worked out fine. Just had to do the math, make sure there were enough CDs you actually wanted, and then cancel before they start sending you the overpriced items. Was way less money per CD than buying them at the store.

My son bought an air fryer at Goodwill the other day, so excited to try it - heā€™s been obsessed with getting one for some reason.

Iā€™m wary of buying used food appliances at thrift stores and when he brought it home, the basket looked completely rusted inside and out. The pot thing that the basket goes in also had rust. So I got to work, trying to scour all the rust off and did a pretty good job on the bottom of the basket and a little of the inner walls.

Turns out that wasnā€™t rust, but a rust-colored non-stick coating. Oops.

We used cooking spray and it worked fine. But yeah, whoopsies.

(There WAS actually rust in the pot part, whatever itā€™s called. Unfortunately I did have to scrape off some non-stick coating to get rid of that, but I donā€™t think itā€™s an issue. Looks like that part just catches shit.)

3 Likes

You can buy just the basket for most models on Amazon.

Yeah, I did a quick search yesterday. Iā€™ll do that if it becomes a problem. Did some frozen fries and they some stuck to the bottom. Then he tried fish and it came out great after giving the basket a quick spritz of cooking spray.

Heā€™s a high school freshman and heā€™s already talking about bringing it to college.

1 Like

Its because they are awesome. Second favorite appliance behind my sous vide

5 Likes

He walked to the store to buy lemons because one rust-removing method I read about was pouring salt on the rust and scrubbing with half a lemon.

After realizing the brown stuff was not rust, we had a lemon left over. Later yesterday afternoon, I heard my son say to my wife, ā€œCan I cook a lemon in it?ā€

7 Likes

We had an air fryer with a pull-out basket that we kept in the cupboard that was fine I guess. But I recently got a Cuisinart toaster over/air fryer at Costco and it is a game changer.

1 Like

Because we have that air fryer with the pull out basket why is the Cuisinart one superior?

1. Much larger. I can make 3-4 salmon filets at one time in this bitch.
  2. Counter space. We kept the other thing in the cupboard, but since this replaces the toaster oven it can stay.
  3. Easier to clean. I just use the basket-tray thing on top of the baking sheet covered with parchment and the only thing that needs cleaning is the basket thing.
  4. In addition to the air fryer function, it does everything else better than the toaster over, like make toast.
1 Like

We have a Ninja air fryer that can fry, dehydrate, grill, etc. Use that fucker for everything and itā€™s damn good. Way better than the microwave for reheating most things too. Whoever said game changer wasnā€™t kidding.

3 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/air-fryer-liner/s?k=air+fryer+liner

Youā€™re welcome

2 Likes