2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

A friend of a friend makes really good money doing something similar on a much smaller scale. I guess he’s basically a middleman/broker for spare airplane parts, just a one man show.

“These are good times for Nicholas Howley. TransDigm, the airplane-parts maker he cofounded, has sidestepped allegations of excess profits of as much as 4,436%, the stock has hit record highs, and Forbes has determined that Howley’s net worth now has three commas.”

https://miro.medium.com/v2/resize:fit:1000/1*qHyG4OigZENvc8TK1aKdaQ.gif

6 Likes

When I win the lottery tonight I’m going to do the exact opposite: start a nonprofit uncornering the market on generic prescription drugs. Start manufacturing thinly produced but essential generic drugs and sell them at cost. Reverse pharmabro it.

2 Likes

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/davidhth/status/1688623282096926720

2 Likes

Rat toy was deployed this morning in case any of you heard the scream.

14 Likes

Let me know when you want the number to a good divorce lawyer

5 Likes

Police also asked that a Black man who was seen in video swinging a folding chair contact them for further questioning.

They had folding chair guy on the ground in handcuffs. Does this mean they never arrested him?

whats the dig at BLM?

ESPN launching a sports book. Guess Disney really trying to make it profitable

Private jets are owned by a company and not the owner for insurance and tax reasons. Quickest way for a billionaire to go broke is your jet crashing into a building and killing a bunch of people. Liability is limited when a company owns the jet but not if you own it personally. The company is technically an airline. Renting it out is for tax reasons. This all coming from our COO when joking about his friends and CEO ‘airline’.

2 Likes

In the video, “Frederick Douglass” talks about fellow abolitionist William Lloyd Garrison and his unwillingness to compromise and his “demands for immediate change, and if he doesn’t get what he wants, he likes to set things on fire”.

Then the little kids in the video say “sounds familiar”. “Frederick” says “sounds like you know the type” and the kids reply “yeah, we’ve got that type in our time”

2 Likes

So not only is Prager’s shit extremely racist, it’s factually inaccurate/revisionist. And this garbage will be in FL classrooms this year

3 Likes

Also my gf is a 4th-grade teacher in FL and in addition to all the other shit she has to deal with, she now has to get written permission to address her students by anything other than the first names on their birth certificates

And oh there’s also this!

I simply cannot imagine why there is also this :man_shrugging:

i heard that shakespeare’s only substantive change to the existing story of romeo and juliet (that was out there for a hundred+ years) was to change their ages from 18 to 13

shakespeare sucks anyway it’s completely incomprehensible. teach the kids the cliff notes of the cliff notes, just the basic story and focus on comparing it to the film version rather than reading the stupid sonnets or couplets or whatever the fuck, it’s not how people talk, it sucks. give them enough for pub trivia and to better appreciate the film adaptations. anything more is a waste of time. desantis is accidentally correct in this instance.

it’d be fun to try to ban the bible under these rules

2 Likes

One strike against minority rule.

Let’s pass a law with 50% of the vote to make it so you need 60% of the vote to pass anything else. How hypocritical.

3 Likes

This is exactly how it went down when FL changed it so that amendments require 60% to pass

Feels wasteful to have a vote for an abortion amendment in Ohio this November instead of doing it in 2024 to drive turnout for other elections.

Was today years old when I learned that there was a schism of this forum and half the members took their marbles and went elsewhere to play–8 months ago.

2 Likes