2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

Stop bringing up old controversy.

The woman being rich and white and opposing housing construction are stated facts from skydiver. My status has zero relevance except for you to once again show everyone here what an enormous creep you are.

Your status seems to be a sore point with you.

No, my status is irrelevant. I give a shit that you’re bandying about personal information.

But don’t give a shit that you first “bandied” it about yourself here or no one would even know about it?

It seems to me that you expect to be able to disclose certain personal info when it suits you (bragging rights, mainly) but never to have it cited pertinetly - the very definition of privileged assholery.

1 Like

Ordinary people wish Joe a happy 50th birthday on the day he turns 50. Fucking creeps tell Joe that his date of birth is 8/2/1973 5 months later.

Lots of people would mention Joe’s age if 5 months later Joe is talking about how shitty 50 year olds are, but I’d like to think that Joe isn’t so much of a wanker that he’d actually have the self-awareness not to complain about it,

Not that I’m at all disagreeing with your line that rich white people are almost always assholes. Maybe we can agree on this?

What’s your defense of posting my personal info?

@BestOf

2 Likes

I talk to these people every day. They say they want more affordable housing but they really want their own neighborhoods to be exempt and that argument is just a way to sound like they care when they scream about opposing SB10.

Oh, I probably should add that this implementation of state law is only one part of a multi-faceted plan that you can see here:

Many of the other initiatives add “affordable housing” and Karens conveniently ignore this in their yelling about SB10. She is in a planning group so one might assume that she has seen the entire plan…thus the argument is in bad faith.

Actually it would show quite of bit of self-awareness and maturity for a 50 year old to say, hey most people my age suck.

This would be something to celebrate and encourage, not ridicule.

Oh wow, a ton of new posts in the LC thread. Something really interesting must have happened.

Oh

24 Likes

I just don’t see how any of these people are in any way persuadable and anything other than pure enemy on this issue.

If you want some corpses to vote for your friend just say the word. I know a bunch.

1 Like

One of the most infuriating parts of my job is having to sit through hours of public comments listening to to the most angry, self-righteous but also least-informed people yell at public officials and regulators and be wrong or just patently lying about everything yet never get put in their place.

4 Likes

Entrepreneur, journalist, and First Amendment warrior James Larkin has died, just a little over a week before he was slated to stand trial for his role in running the web-classifieds platform Backpage. Larkin, 74, took his own life on Monday.

today i checked the imdb page of the man who played captain sisko on star trek deep space nine, a very successful long-running show and he was the mainest of the main cast. mf hasn’t really done anything in the 20 years since the series ended. i know in the 90s tv actors got paid hella big bucks, i hope he chose to retire instead of getting turned down for a bunch of roles after. he was good in ds9, like i understand if odo never worked again

1 Like

Legend

Get you a case of beer for that 1 lol

It sounds like he really loves teaching (tenured professor at Rutgers), theater, and music.

2 Likes

yeah i saw on his wiki he’s gotten awards for doing shakespeare. tenured professor is pretty cool but he probably makes more on the interest on the ds9 money than from rutgers.

this is like the picard-sisko tv rivalry in real life where patrick stewart keeps doing tv gigs and making that money and getting the praise and recognition as a top tier theater actor but avery brooks basically retires at his peak to focus on the purest form of acting and nobody even knows about it. he probably hates star trek.