2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

If you’re the ultimate Disney fan looking for a once-in-a-lifetime experience — and you have $115,000 — get ready for your dream vacation.

Adventures by Disney is relaunching a 24-day private jet around-the-world tour of its theme parks. In addition to visiting all 12 amusement parks like Tokyo Disneyland and Paris Disneyland, guests will also travel to three iconic landmarks: the Taj Mahal, the Pyramids of Giza and the Eiffel Tower.

WTF

1 Like

:harold:

One of my friends and his family went with his ultra rich brother in law to Disney world for a 3 day guided tour for 10 people. Cost just for that part was $40,000.

1 Like

Anybody but lottery winners doing that?

Prosecutors?

2 Likes

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/marionumber4/status/1668762010786619393?t=P0RvzpBmiO0sukEUU9omig&s=19

1 Like

I don’t think I’m convinced the boycott will do any measurable damage to Bud Light’s brand in the long-term. ABInBev’s market share has been steadily dropping from 46.9% in 2011 to 38.6% in 2021 (source) (Molson Coors has a similar drop of 28.4% → 19.6%). Constellation Brands doubled from 5.7% to 11.4% over the same time. Another wrench or weird thing in this scenario is that Constellation Brands owns the rights to Groupo Modelo’s beer in the US, but ABInBev owns Groupo Modelo outside of the US. So Modelo’s success is still good for ABInBev, oddly enough. Basically, they were already trending downwards and it’s a really tough (and nearly monopolistic) competition out there in the basic beer market

Even if it did a little damage in the short-term, I’m pretty sure everyone will forget about that by next year. In June 2024, Bud Light will go on to sell a shit ton of beer, maybe on par with their averages, but nobody will care because they will just see year-over-year growth and celebrate.

1 Like
2 Likes

I don’t know, man. I just don’t see it.

Take the example in the article. Ice cream, regular price $4. Promotional offer: $7.49, buy one, get one free.

It’s a bit cheaper if you buy more. If you want one, then it kind of sucks and you are better off with their regular pricing. The terms are right there. Where is the deception?

Some nefarious things have allegedly been going down at Harvard University, and this time, they have nothing to do with Jeffrey Epstein.

According to federal prosecutors, Harvard Medical School’s morgue manager has been selling body parts to the highest bidder — which is generally frowned upon. An indictment released on Wednesday accused Cedric Lodge of stealing the dissected parts of dead people and selling them online from his home in Goffstown, New Hampshire.

One of Lodge’s biggest alleged customers was Katrina MacLean, owner of a store called Kat’s Creepy Creations in Peabody, Massachusetts. Lodge would allegedly let MacLean into the morgue to examine the cadavers and judge which parts would sell best in her store or to weirdos online. In October 2020, the indictment states that MacLean purchased “two dissected faces for $600” from Lodge, meeting at the morgue in broad daylight for the exchange. Lodge wasn’t exactly careful about covering his tracks: One of Lodge’s others customers allegedly once sent him $200 on PayPal with a message that read “braiiiins.”

4 Likes

ugh i can say from very first hand experience, dissected cadavers are super gross

musta been your first hand experience…

4 Likes

for clarity’s sake, I saw about 50 of these during med school, including the one I dissected with our group.

Don’t most people experience hand first?

1 Like

A quick look at their current weekly ad shows a few BOGO offers, but none of the useful pricing detail you included in your reply to lol_lmao. A person who is a regular buyer at the usual price might see this offer and run on down, only to find they’ve fallen victim to chicanery or not notice and overpay. My wife would not notice and overpay, I would notice and refuse to buy. We’d both be victims of deceptive advertising.

I was just going by the info in the article.

Do you happen to have a link to a current weekly ad? I’m curious how this deception is advertised.

I can’t understand the mentality of someone who wouldn’t notice. If you don’t know what the market price of something is, how on Earth are you supposed to know whether you are getting a good deal or not? And if you don’t know, then why the fuck are you so excited about it.

You’re saying the expectation is that when a store says BOGO it implies that the one you buy is at their normal price? I never assumed that to be the case. But if that’s the standard interpretation, then I guess I see the problem.

CaqVf5xUsAArsat

3 Likes
8 Likes