2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

What if we create an enormous pasta/antipasto reaction?

2 Likes

I’ve heard of pasta the point of no return but this is ridiculous.

3 Likes

Just saw this on my tiktok, I want to believe it is real. But now I just think it is an edit job.

which side is woke?

I’m filing to run for my local school board.

I feel like I should probably start a thread to blog about the experience. Filing week is May 15-19 so that’s when it will be official.

31 Likes

Cleary Antipa is

3 Likes

Good luck. Is the district red or blue?

Amazing! We need more of this. Can you clone yourself please? :laughing:

Also, since school boards are “nonpartisan” (in most places), you can win non crazy republicans by just talking to them like a human being (your opponents might not). Also contact your local party, they might be willing to help with filing fees or a small donation to get you some walk materials.

Make sure you use a Union print shop. It means a lot.

Haha look at me, can you tell this is what I do for a living?

4 Likes

Blue, very very blue and liberal. But like most places, there’s an extremely vocal minority that’s trying to disrupt anything the school board does (or local government).

Do you mind if I send you a message to chat about some things?

Please do! I love this stuff :grin:

1 Like

Run on burning books imo

2 Likes

Gf and I are out for a date night dinner. All of a sudden there’s a commotion and in walks Kamala

Secret service is still blocking off the road

5 Likes

25 minutes later and secret service is still blocking the street, which I guess they’ll do for the whole time she’s here?

Crowd of folks waiting at the corner for a picture, no one had the heart to tell them that they missed her

even if you disagree with her, please take this opportunity to say hello/get a picture, if you can.

It’s worth it to tell your friends/kids/neighbors that you met the vice president, no matter who it is.

edit: yes, SS will be there the entire time

In other news, I got a dream job today. I’m the newest District Rep for CA Senate President Pro Tempore Toni Atkins, the first woman and LGBT person to be speaker of the CA Assembly and Senate President Pro Tem. She’s kind of amazing (and probably the next CA Lt. Gov)

It’s temporary until September, but they’ve already said they’re going to try to find a way for me to stick around.

36 Likes

Presidential visits are the nut low for traffic (I assume VP is the same). All sorts of streets get closed off, but there is no way to know until you drive into them. I In the one time I experienced it, I was driving and it was like a fucking maze. The closures didn’t even appear in Google/iphone maps. I assume it’s to prevent bad actors from figuring out exactly what route he might take or something like that. I even tried local radio stations to figure out what was going on. Zero mention of road closures that I was literally stuck on.

I don’t know about this. Pence is a pass for me. And if you apply the same standard to President, Trump is an even bigger pass.

They’re going to shame you for getting that close and not throwing any punches.

I’d find some subversive way to protest in the picture. Go viral, make millions (hahahahah)

1 Like