2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

I would pay double ticket price to see Wes Anderson star wars

6 Likes

Today is final exam day #1 after a rough semester. Only 32 out of 35 still-registered students showed up, which seems odd.

Also, I am once again infuriated that my school expects me to have course grades submitted less than 24 hours after the final exam. Which means that itā€™s an entirely multiple choice exam because I donā€™t have time to grade anything open ended. Thatā€™s obviously less work for me, but students hate it - especially the idea that thereā€™s no partial credit on any of the problems (like there would be on open-ended questions).

As always, so so many faces I donā€™t recognize at all.

6 Likes

Give everyone an A. Easy game.

5 Likes

Gotta step up to the federal level so you can just accept bribes for grades.

Starting to see some discontented looks on studentsā€™ faces.

1 Like

Lol, just heard a big sigh and muttered ā€œfuckā€

10 Likes

More or less than David lynch return of the Jedi?

ā€œAnd well, he smashed up your lightsaber, didnā€™t he?ā€

ā€œMy previous lightsaber, yesā€

1 Like

Yoda as the baby in eraserhead leading Luke on a trippy spirit journey in that cave that lasts the entire length of the movie? Yes.

Yes.

4 Likes

The mouths are fluid, misshapen terrors. No way I could be at that party because Iā€™d be thinking people are going to show up behind me and start slurping my back off my body.

1 Like

Is this real? Why are there no customers in the video? How many employees do they need to unlock shit? Why are there no videos on Youtube of people shopping there? Whatā€™s stopping someone from getting stuff unlocked and then stealing it? Why wouldnā€™t you just do online orders only?

Guess thereā€™s no customers because itā€™s such a gigantic PITA to shop there. In that video I posted a while back of the woman smoking crack and shooting up on the streets, who her mom was trying to help but she didnā€™t want it, she said shoplifting from Target was her primary source of income (other than public assistance).

Multiple reasons to think this isnā€™t an actual target store.

1. 0 customers of any kind.
  2. Iā€™ve been to a lot of Targets and canā€™t think of one that has warehouse type ceilings like you see in this video.
  3. not a single shred of ANY Target signage anywhere in the video. At :06, we get the closest shot of anything that could be a Target sign, but it points to a fire alarm and is big and red, exactly the type of signage you would expect to be showing where a fire alarm is in almost any store/warehouse.
  4. At that same :06 mark, to the left you can see another aisle that isnā€™t locked up behind plexiglass, but the aisle looks very narrow.
  5. lolnewyorkpost

I tried really hard to find a shot that shows what the price tags look like, or really, what any of the signage on any of the products look like but the quality is shit. Was this filmed on a fucking potato?

That does it, Iā€™m gonna fucking Zapruder this shit.

The red shows what looks like a restocking cart and an aisle that does not have the plexiglass up.
The purple shows the red sign I was talking about. There is no way to read whether its a target or not. The headline ā€œStore puts ENTIRE inventory behind glassā€ is obvious bullshit

2 Likes

If a store was going to do that they would be setup like every Liquor mart here.

We had a gigantic problem with thefts at our provincial liquor marts, usually by youths. A bunch of violent ones got on the news.

They set up a staging area with a security guard where you show your ID whether you are 18 or 90, then go inside.

No more theft now.
The only cannabis shop in the US I ever went to (Vegas) had the same setup

Here it is:

Cliffs:

• It is a Target store
  • Most of their inventory is not locked behind plexiglass
  • Health and beauty stuff is though, and they were motivated to do this by an increase in shoplifting
1 Like

I think it makes a lot of sense for liquor stores with theft issues to go to a set up like The Beer Store is in Ontario. Just order and pay at the kiosk and then your order comes out from the back.

In Manitoba all of our liquor sales are provincial stores, you have a few gas station like beer sales but otherwise everything is MLCC.

It was hilariously bad ~5 years ago or whenever though, just HS age kids sent in with garbage bags to steal by the local drug dealers.

For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise. :vince1:

1 Like

Anyone see the video of the lady who went in the liquor store and knocked an entire aisle on the floor and kept smashing. Everyone, including employees kept their distance. She went on for a really long time. Probably saw it 4 or 5 weeks ago.