2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

https://twitter.com/nahmias/status/1645816013995253761?s=46&t=RKQIqRrKzVps835SSEmebA

Just unreal

1 Like

I mean,

They ARE less likely to shoot the suspects

1 Like

Sick, so you got a new plug now

For those who missed it

https://www.lastsqueaktonight.com/

2 Likes

Canā€™t wait to be tried by a jury of 12 people who actually think cops always tell the truth, sounds like a sharp crew. Especially nice in regards to an undercover operation, no deception there.

1 Like

13 Likes

I canā€™t wait for the next big movie franchise starring robot police dogs that gets big love in the movie thread here.

1 Like

Thereā€™s nothing in the rulebook that says a robot dog canā€™t be a cop.

6 Likes

Is that an Air Bud reference?

4 Likes

Canā€™t wait to hear the new excuses they come up with for why they shoot non-threatening minorities.

1 Like

I made a video today.

Itā€™s behind a paywall, but this link will bypass the paywall, and there is a free audio version before the paywall break.

12 Likes

iā€™m not sure how, but every day and every night i would be brainstorming ways to get rid of it, up to and including shooting at whatever is at the top of the pole on a regular basis.

1 Like

I feel like this is going to be a tough listen, but thanks.

1 Like

I canā€™t even pretend to understand the depths of what it means to be trans, but I can certainly understand not wanting to have a bunch of hostile conversations over and over. That said, I certainly appreciate the degree to which you and the other trans folks Iā€™ve come across in my life whoā€™ve chosen to share their stories and perspectives so that, perhaps I may not understand why someone might be trans or what that means, but at least that someone knows theyā€™re trans so deeply that theyā€™d prefer to take on the vast negative forces of society (and even family) rather than just go along with their own body plan and/or karyotype. One special shoutout to pokerjo over on 22, who documented her transition in extremely frank detail while putting on a happy face to field a mix of naive and even slightly hostile questions from people including me who hadnā€™t really had an opportunity to be so inquisitive of a trans person before.

Iā€™m especially sad to learn how many of your obstacles came from your own family. Iā€™m not really sure how best to wrap up this post, but Iā€™m hearing what you have to say and appreciate hearing your story, even when itā€™s sad.

12 Likes

Does anyone (looking at @Melkerson) know if transgender qualifies for URM status in college/grad application?

Could be a helpful boost to redress decades of stigmatization .

1 Like

I appreciate you.

I am crying for real. I appreciate you.

6 Likes

No idea. I think spidercrab would probably know better than me.

I must be an idiot because I donā€™t get it.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?

Spoiler: the robot dogs are already racist.