2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

https://twitter.com/bigmeaninternet/status/1635760044707835904?s=46&t=RKQIqRrKzVps835SSEmebA

1 Like

Bold use of ā€œfinallyā€ there, insinuating that we’re done with massive crises.

1 Like

Sounds like the lack of exercise is a you motivation thing.

If you save an hour commute or whatever, you can prolly throw in a few pushups and stairs in there.

1 Like

You gotta admit, if this was Twitter there would be like 70 thinkpieces by now about how Elon ruined the company.

2 Likes

omg its back

1 Like

Easier said than done but now that I’m working from home I have to stop myself and walk around the neighborhood for a bit. There’s no reason WFH can’t be just as healthy as an office gig.

Our children pine for the fields and yearn for the mines!

1 Like

I eat so much better working from home, and get more exercise. I guess I’m in the 20%.

1 Like

Serious question, can this thing design me a personal website mostly focused on my book? I want it to be simple, white background, no frills. Sites like this: https://rolfpotts.com/ It can use the same menu items.

@Marksman can it do that or did this dude have to do something special?

That site would probably take like 3 hours with WordPress. It would probably take at least a month to figure out how to do it with GPT.

And if it doesn’t take a month it will probably take 6 months, even for a programmer.

I’ve gone through a ton of wordpress templates. None are that clean and they always do stuff you don’t want. Wordpress is set up for blogs at its heart. It doesn’t like standard websites as much.

But that was five years ago. Maybe there are better templates now.

I know they make a lot of templates. If WP doesn’t work there are plenty of competitors. I use WP for my firm’s site.

Get it while it’s hot

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: Homelessness

I viewed the source on my phone and it is 100% a WordPress theme based on the wp prefix I’m seeing. Maybe email that dude? He’s popular, but not like so popular he doesn’t check his email. Ask him if there are other themes that he was considering?

Im more active at home. I like to dance while working, and I get weird looks at the office. I can dance all I want when Im at home.

3 Likes
7 Likes

I’m having a real hard time seeing how this will ever be a net ppositive for society.

I want to become a celebrity so I can invest in a booze company.

MVNOs are also paying off pretty well for celebrities, Ryan Reynolds sold Mint Mobile for $1.35 billion.

1 Like