2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

Shocked that right wingers chose the last few days to get mad about Tropic Thunder again in bad faith

Flew a 100% accurate 737 training sim today. Was so fun.

17 Likes

Very cool. Did you simulate a normal flight, or did they throw emergency scenarios at you?

Did you do a barrel roll?

Both. Did one normal flight and then a a few scenarios. It’s so much harder to fly than I guessed. Lol.

I’m sure it is. All of the buttons and switches always looked very intimidating to me

Simply steering on the taxi ways was super hard. Lol

Our landing was lol bad. Takeoff was decent I’ll say.

Wow doing a simulated plane crash would be awesome. i had that dream multiple times.

You look so incredibly Canadian and I don’t know why

2 Likes

3 Likes

That would be an awesome white elephant gift.

3 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/cameronwilson/status/1629739863577870337

3 Likes

New politics as wrestling just dropped

Kayfabe, the noble lie that wrestling is real
Neo-kayfabe, wresting is fake but also real and we’re going to bounce between the truth and lie

Nothing was off-limits in neokayfabe. Mr. McMahon and the performers could say the unutterable, do the unthinkable — the more shocking, the better — and fans would give it their full attention because they couldn’t always figure out if what they were seeing was real or not. The human mind is easily exploited when it’s trying to swim the choppy waters between fact and fiction.

Old kayfabe was built on the solid, flat foundation of one big lie: that wrestling was real. Neokayfabe, on the other hand, rests on a slippery, ever-wobbling jumble of truths, half-truths, and outright falsehoods, all delivered with the utmost passion and commitment. After a while, the producers and the consumers of neokayfabe tend to lose the ability to distinguish between what’s real and what isn’t. Wrestlers can become their characters; fans can become deluded obsessives who get off on arguing or total cynics who gobble it all up for the thrills, truth be damned.

How the W.W.E. Explains What’s Happened to U.S. Politics

https://nyti.ms/3EEi650

1 Like

I’ve known this ever since Pilotwings for SNES

1 Like

Bah.

A crappy, far less entertaining summary of a bunch of 10 year old DVaut1 posts from the old forum. What a legend. sniff

No air mattress? No sofa?

There probably is, but he rents those out for $200/night.

1 Like

Apparently landlords demanding sex for rent is very widespread. Addsvlike the above are reasonably common.

Wait, that’s not just a “plot line” from p0rn???

So how does this work in this case?

When someone inquires, does he request photos?
I didn’t notice him specifying male or female renters. Is he bisexual and he will just bang anyone? If it is a dude (or a woman if he is gay), does he just say, "Sorry we’re booked for that date? (or whatever)?

It would be infinitely better if the ad was just blunt and said that the cost of the night is fucking me. Is prostitution illegal in Australia?