2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

Did you win?
How is it possible to maintain sobriety at a $10 home game (I need tips on this bigly)?

I’m still amazed you guys figured it out.

1 Like

In which Tucker honestly argues it makes more sense for the US to invade Canada to liberate us from Trudeau than to help Ukraine.

This is real life.

I lost heads up 🥲. AA < 35.

Seth took your advice to heart. I told him next time he needs to ask for poker etiquette tips as opposed to strategy :joy:

The sobriety part is easier than getting people to act when it’s their turn tbh

1 Like

Hilarious and i can see that with him. Dont think he has played a serious hand of poker in his life. Pretty sure he also had to be hammered. We went out to a very alcohol fueled lunch(he had a very good outcome in a big case I’m sure you guys heard about) and had a couple more at the office before going home. He told me a drank a fifth of whiskey or close at the game today so I’m guessing he had to be a mess.

1 Like

But bobman likes Elon

I’m aware

Have eaten McDonald’s maybe 3 times in last 10 years and those were breakfast. Ended at a McDonald’s and I decided to go with the filet of fish. I was not disappointed. Filet of fish and some fresh fries is good. I will admit I was worried and also ordered a mcchicken. Filet of fish was much better. I will try the double sauce or whatever next time.

2 Likes

I was on that exact pace until about 6 months ago when I decided I like filet-o-fish, and it’s been 2x/month since. Not good.

1 Like

Skynet still a ways off.

2 Likes

Only a matter of time until funnybot kills us all.

2 Likes

meh. Fried fish is fried fish. No worse than a fish and chips shop I’d guess.

I’m saying it’s not good that I go to McDonalds 2x a month.

Leave this silken idleness for the rude contact of war with AI?

No I don’t! He’s an asshole. I just refuse to let this blind me to the fact that he’s also a visionary business genius.

Really feels like Mr Beast has cracked the code with his philanthropic videos. His most recent one he cures 1,000 people of blindness. He literally makes profit by doing good so he can do more good and make more profit.

3 Likes

Agree to disagree

The folks at Politically Speaking pubbed a new one by me.

https://medium.com/politically-speaking/the-consequences-of-raising-your-kid-as-the-wrong-gender-39a1df384d7f?sk=5097606a965f88f54291f7efced441bc

Newly-discovered milestones in your child’s development

There’s something happening beneath the surface of your kid that will now and forever be beyond your control as a parent.

By age 3, most cisgender children label their gender according to their assigned sex.

By age 5, most children expect their gender to stay the same.

By adulthood and beyond, recent Pew research concluded that for most kids, their gender will stay the same.

But what happens when a kid discovers their gender doesn’t match their sex assigned at birth? And how are you supposed to feel if you’re that child’s parent?

Just how much damage might even a loving parent do by raising their kid as the wrong gender?

5 Likes

You guys are just lucky Henry Ford has been dead for a long time and you don’t need to have opinions about him.

No clue on the fillings but my company does gold plating for engineering purposes and most of our work is hard gold which is 99.7%+ gold alloyed with a small amount of cobalt. Nickel can also be used in place of cobalt for the same purpose. Yeah pure gold is quite soft.