2023-2024 House of Representatives Shitshow Containment: MAGA Mike XXS

This tells me that 86 hours Republicans are insane at the level of not really functional in society. Imagine, after three votes, 86 voted for Jordan as the horse to ride.

https://x.com/JakeSherman/status/1715428400280592786?s=20

A forum. They tried that last week. Square one.

The documentary “Hands on a Hard Body” is a good film showing one of these competitions.

Weird you mention those contests now, I was just thinking about the documentary last night.

In the future, every Republican will be Speaker for 15 minutes

8 Likes

“Guys, guys! We have to choose someone to be speaker or we can’t run the government!”

“Fuck you, nobody asked me to run the government. Im going home”

1 Like

Red wave!

https://x.com/JakeSherman/status/1715435614386917818?s=20

4 Likes

The Republican hardliners are like the old Tea Party clowns. They want the Federal government to fail so they can say I Told You So to everyone after years of insisting that government just can’t work and taxes are theft.

Yeah but they fucking ran to be a part of it. Thats what baffles me to no end. “I ran for a seat in congress (which doesnt work) to fix things and make government work better. Also, now that I am here I am going to gridlock the fuck out of everything to prove the government doesnt work, EVEN THOUGH I AM PART OF SAID GOVERNMENT. I am a walking contradiction!”

https://twitter.com/AmoneyResists/status/1715158921541759144

jfc Not married and I wouldn’t do this of course but my first thought would be a return call of I’ll fucking kill you if you even think about it.

How many write in votes did Mickey Mouse, Tom Brady and Santa Claus get?

Jesus, for a second I thought I recognized the voice.

The best possible next step is for the Gaetz 8 to tell Kevin McCarthy they realize that they made a mistake, and that they’ll back him to become speaker again.

McCarthy comes to the floor for a vote, and all 8 vote Jim Jordan.

6 Likes

This whole thing is unprecedented and looking a lot like the tragic death of the Republican party.™

(Not literally, but this is like a dementia patient taking a hard fall. Difficult to fully recover.)

Gaetz gave a presser blaming people who voted against Jordan for this mess.

I mean, I’m just a dude in so cal., but when McCarthy went to 15 votes everyone was trying to come up with another option, and all commentators were like, there isn’t really another option due to factionalism in the GOP caucus. Maybe that issue wasn’t discussed on Fox or Newsmax, but Gaetz seems surprisingly surprised by the consequences of his own actions.

He knew that a handful of people could wreck McCarthy but it didn’t occur to him that a handful of people could wreck whoever he wanted to be speaker? Smart guy.

No they didn’t. They ran to take a congress seat away from someone that might try to have the government do something with their power.

1 Like

Rep. Steve Womack (R) Arkansas on CNN: sometimes you learn by peeing on the electric fence

This Tapper interview of Womack is amazing. Hopefully someone on X clips it.

He doesn’t care about that. This was all just a way to increase his profile and likely run for governor. He seems like a moronic Littlefinger in that he thinks he can thrive by creating chaos, but doesn’t really have much of a plan.