2022 Midterm Elections (Abandon hope all ye who enter here) butnahhh. or maybe?

I’m actually guilty of something like that too. Recently my worksets were also about 245lbs. So, I’d warm up with

185 x 1
205 x 1
225 x 1
245 x 5 x 3

It’s just easier to work your way up 10lbs at a time. Less moving plates around. So my 245 had a 45, 25, and three 10s on each side. I also lift at home, so I’m not taking plates that others might need.

As far as the total on his bar, I’m also a little puzzled about the combo he’s using to get to 245. There are weird plates out there though. I’ve got 35s, that I never use for anything.

I do wish it was Onion.

Ugh this district is so fucked forever

So relatable with his own squat rack

In the before times, you could get gym equipment off of craigslist for dirt cheap. Although that doesn’t look like what he did.

anyone hearing about ultra-deplorables declaring to primary slightly-less-insane GOP reps who didn’t go to the mat for Dear Leader on January 6th?

Texas will gain two more congressional seats and seven states will each lose a seat as a result of population shifts recorded in the 2020 Census, the Census Bureau said Monday in the release of its first round of data from the survey taken last year.

In total, seven seats shifted affecting 13 states. Colorado, Florida, Montana, North Carolina and Oregon each gained one seat in addition to Texas. California, Illinois, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia each lost one seat.

The shift could affect the 2022 midterm elections and whether Democrats can hold onto control of the House, where they hold a narrow majority. It’s also part of a broader shift to the South and West of the U.S., with 84 seats shifting toward those states since 1940.

Fun follow-up!

Apparently because it’s Dem Convention time, people are starting to pay attention. This guy actually contacted me and wants to set up a call to chat. I swear to god, if he offers me a job, I might have to just crawl in a hole and die.

2 Likes

WAAF

All those seats will go to republicans

please put updates into your thread!

OK, decided to check out this guy’s website.

Is this what you expected this guy’s issue positions to look like, based on that video?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

For Stephen Houlahan, there are ten ways to fight corruption:
4. Build web-based programs to control government resources

Over 44 million Americans pursued higher education and are currently indebted with student loans. Student loan forgiveness needs to be implemented in order to move forward towards income and education equality.

Housing is a human right and we need to move towards decreasing homelessness.

Renewable energy sources should be implemented and the Green New Deal to reduce greenhouse gases and produce clean energy.

He has marched with BLM and believes that this movement can correct the conscious and unconscious bias towards African Americans. Although yes, all lives do matter, not all lives are at stake and it is important that those who have the privilege stand up and be a voice for those who are not. Police Reform is the first step, assuring our police are properly trained for all situations to promote equality and end the cycle of racism. Police budgets need to be adjusted and money needs to be properly allocated for the benefit of the community, not more police power as well as be held accountable for their actions.

The United States can help reduce poverty and end world hunger to protect national security and improve the economy. Over $600 billion is spent annually on the defense budget and with an annual investment of less than half, we can end global poverty by 2030.

Healthcare is a basic human right

3 Likes

there’s no chance he should be running on those issues in that district in the general

I actually kinda like the thought process DO YOU LIFT BRO wolf down a giant burger or something in the vids, just out man your opponent.

1 Like

Some good thoughts on prioritizing senior care from his website as well. He may be just a goofy sorta socially inept fella. His writing style is sort of odd as well it seems. Might be a great project for you Skydiver, could be a political tabula rasa, you can mold him into a candidate extraordinaire!

He can run on them. It’s all about messaging and presentation. Obviously needs a lot of help in those areas.

What does a third party spoiler candidate who will draw votes from Republicans instead of Democrats look like and how districts can be flipped by one?

The problem is the Rs don’t do this. When the Leader is appointed they line up and lick boots.

2 Likes

The libertarian party is thought to be taking votes from Republicans

Anyone live in AZ-06? @Devil ? Jevin is amazing. I got to interact with him some in 2020 and he is an outstanding candidate and person.

https://twitter.com/JevinHodge/status/1389263487008792576?s=20

1 Like

Do we even know what districts will look like for the November 2022 elections?

I know that Arizona isn’t gaining or losing seats, but presumably there should be some movement around the ones that exist.

(This goes for all states, BTW. I’m pretty uninformed about how this works living in a permanently at-large state.)

nope. The lines will move, but probably not too much.

But most states don’t have any rules about living in the district you run in (at least for US Congress). CA doesn’t, which is how we have Darrel Issa living in Oceanside and “representing” CA-50, which doesn’t come close to Oceanside.

No state has that requirement. The Constitution says that you must live in the state. Court cases say that district residency requirements are unconstitutional because states can’t add extra qualifications.