2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

yeah it sounds like a nazi thing but it’s basically the action movie book version of WWI.

War is…good?

Cool Guy though apparently - although I’ve got a better 4 letter word beginning with c to describe him (which I’ll leave out - don’t want anyone fainting)

1 Like

It’s been a long, long time since I read “All Quiet on the Western Front” in 9th grade, but wasn’t “war bad” kinda the point?

1 Like

Seems like a standard internet troll who knows exactly what the book is about and is trying to manipulate people into having fits online about his opinion.

We should just agree that he’s a subhuman twit who should choke on some mustard gas and move along.

No need to censor yourself. You can say crap on this forum.

1 Like

I don’t think I ever read All Quiet on the Western Front. 🫣

Where did he land and park the plane in DC?

Iirc the airfield was in PG county MD. Think it was this one.

This was all pre 9/11 so the airspace around DC was less restricted and there were several airfields relatively close to the city.

I was wondering. Seems like a massive security risk for regular employees to be flying in their own plane every day.

Still looks like a bit of a commute from the airport to the white house. That seems like a massive hassle. I gotta assume they were paying him pretty well to put up with all of that (and to own and airplane and build an airstrip).

Seems like it might make sense if he’s only needed on site a couple-few times a month, but yeah, every day doing that seems silly.

There is a guy who owns a company near where I work and he flies his helicopter to work each day and lands on the roof.

I’m sure they did pay well. I also think that he loved the job and getting to work in the WH. And the flying thing was something he would have done as a hobby anyway, so I think he just viewed it as a way of keeping the job he wanted while being able to live exactly where he wanted.

[And as far as the land goes, his 20 acres in the country probably costs less than a swank two bedroom condo in DC… lol at me for still living downtown]

The plane was also equipped for use as a crop duster, so, yeah, I don’t think the Secret Service would’ve allowed that thing to fly over the WH.

1 Like

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Save it for Friday, buddy.

Some of us take steps to ignore this shit, isn’t there a thread for this?

5 Likes

Only time I ever got banned from unstuck was for saying #$%&

Say whatever you want - I’ve never asked anyone not to use any words. I find some words offensive and will form opinions on people who use them but that’s as far as it goes.

1 Like