2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

As for this, I’m hoping that there might be some more interesting TRs down the road. My gf have talked a bit more about opening up the relationship. I’m not sure in what capacity, if that means threesomes, or couple swapping, or meeting up on our own with a partner, but we’d probably use Tinder or something like it. Probably not in our current location of Tbilisi, b/c neither of us are that enamored with the locals (they seem grumpy, not very social, super traditional/conservative, etc.), but for sure if we move to Bangkok.

1 Like

My wife and I are pushing 50. We met in 2008 on “Plenty of Fish”, and I can confirm there was tons of stigma explaining to family/friends how we met. Seems like it worked out ok though.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/derivativeburke/status/1583863339251220480?s=46&t=0GgnGJze3VSIntVDGoIkTg

Look on the bright side - the majority of American cities would have giving the money to cops so they could buy a tank.

2 Likes

It must look amazing on the inside.

Met my wife on tinder… after meeting very briefly in real life.

She hadn’t really remembered me. I had told all my friends and family that I had met my future wife…

I was right.

4 Likes

I don’t know anything about this washroom but this feels like click bait where there is more to it than just some contractor charging $1.6m to build it.

I am going to guess costs are a consequence of zoning.

This would be my advice as well. I wanted my profile to be as authentic as possible–it might reduce your total quantity of matches but the quality will go up.

I saw this on my feed yesterday and wondered how a simple public bathroom could cost that much so I looked further: $750k for actual construction costs; $300k architectural fees; $150k construction management fee; $175k parks and rec project management fee. If I can find the link again with the full breakdown I’ll post it.

It’s just corruption. Conservatives have a legitimate point here.

You know this for a fact?

Sorry still feels like bog standard anti government click bait?

Interesting. I’d be curious to see it. If, for example, they had a bunch of demo to do first this wouldn’t be insane.

It’s possible it’s just pure corruption but there it not enough evidence yet to conclude that. We need to be super cautious of these types of articles. If fox loves it we should start with the assumption it’s total bs. :grin:

This article gives a bunch of articles with similar examples.

This feels like perfect click bait for people who just don’t know how complicated and expensive construction is in dense urban centres. If this washroom involves upgrades to the raw and grey water systems underground that costs doesn’t seem nuts at all.

Yea and people are probably unaware how much the cost of construction has gone up the past few years.

1 Like
Seattle Self Cleaning Toilet Debacle

https://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/City-hopes-eBay-auction-will-shut-the-lid-on-1279135

https://www.king5.com/article/news/local/i-wonder-where-are-seattles-self-cleaning-toilets/281-332626614

Cliffs: City shells out $5 million for five toilets, they get used extensively by drug users and prostitutes, toilets are removed from service and eventually sell at auction for ~$2500 each. Circa 2008-2010.

LOL take a moment and think about what you’re defending here. A $1.7 million fucking bathroom.

5 Likes

Do people think it would have cost less if a private contractor had built an equally sized coffee sales kiosk and was responsible for paying the full cost of all the utility hook-ups?

1 Like

Why is it a single toilet and not a set of multiple?

I’m lol defending knowing some of the facts before drawing a conclusion. Especially given the conclusion is bog standard Republican anti-government talking points.

Neither you nor I have enough information to say this is corruption.

I tried to find the development permit but no luck. The SF planning website is kinda shitty. Not sure why they choose one instead of multiple.

Man this is why people hate libs. Have some common sense. This is 2022’s “no you don’t understand it actually is completely fine for San Jose police officers to retire at 42 with a $400,000 pension.”

2 Likes