2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

Homeostasis

https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1485807259569565697

2 Likes

What’s with parking security cars with flashy lights patrolling empty strip mall parking lots after hours? Is it illegal to park in a parking lot overnight? This is in Dallas btw. Never seen this in Illinois. They just keep driving around flashing their lights, it’s weirding me out.

Don’t know about Dallas specifically, but in some places it can be illegal (usually trespassing since the business is closed, or some places make it illegal to sleep in cars). Also, even in some places where parking overnight isn’t illegal, they might just have security patrols to deter people from breaking into the stores or using the parking lot for other illegal activity.

I mean I assumed that’s why, but I’m just sitting here eating some chicken tenders in the parking lot and there’s two different cars zipping around the perimeter every minute or so with their flashy lights, it’s so obnoxious, I guess they really really don’t want poor or homeless ppl using this lot :man_shrugging:

So I’m up at all hours right now so I’m watching random streaming shit and turned on Frasier, which whatever as I’m feeding the baby at 4am sure. However, I keep on having the urge to scream “tossed salad and scrambled eggs” and my wife doesn’t appreciate it when I do.

Also turn on espn+ and watch kabaddi and cricket. Cricket makes a little sense, but kabaddi is some weird shit. It’s red rover kind of I guess?

All team sports are absurd if you try to describe them like an alien who’s never seen them before.

17 Likes

sorry, I’m contractually obligated to block anyone who posts nathan pyle comics

I like them :neutral_face:

They’re objectively good. @pvn is just a grump.

2 Likes

I’ve never liked Bright Eyes but this song popped up on Spotify a few years ago and it connected with me. Certainly reminds me of my pre-sobriety nights.

Lol AI, :fu:

https://twitter.com/emilyldolson/status/1485434187968614411?t=WzSnpJ2EomMQkfggtw0pGA&s=19

More like “lol at giving somebody else exclusive control of your content”. I continue to be absolutely horrified by what people are willing to give away in exchange for a bit of convenience.

2 Likes

It’s at least a byte in this case?

9 Likes

Legit lol at shoving after shove time is over.

2 Likes

For me it’s being able to know that I’ll never accidentally lose a chapter of my book, and I can access it from any device. And I can easily share it with my writing coach, fact checker, editor.

You have the skills to set up your own basic and inexpensive remote file storage in a casual afternoon.

Sounds so fun! I love technology and definitely don’t go into a blind rage trying to get shit to work.

Or maybe I could just log on to google and be done with it.

2 Likes

Cuban has always loved attention. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if he runs for president at some point.

https://twitter.com/MattGrossmann/status/1486036781791334403

:flushed: