2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

Disagree. Lexington is a beautiful town and is an amazing weekend trip.

1 Like

Zero accountability for trying to murder congress members on Jan 6 but arrested for blocking traffic.

All totally normal.

“You want to put down a wood floor?”

“Nah, let’s just go laminate. But make it look really terrible. None of that nicely aged patina, more like something pulled out of an abandoned mobile home.”

“Yeah, good idea. Hey, let’s make our own cabinets and trim too, but instead of actual cabinets it’ll just be shelves?”

“Awesome! I saw some good ideas on HGTV about Japanese burnt stuff, show sugar bam or whatever. It’s burnt wood!”

“Does it have to be some special kind of wood?”

“Probably, but let’s just use 2x4’s instead. I’m sure it will look great!”

3 Likes

Let’s have it kind of look wood, but also make it gray.

It’s hard for me to overstate how sick and tired I am of weathered gray rectangles.

https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/1549539242996645888?s=21&t=FWT0dG9Wwv1X7-teL6fwwQ

3 Likes

So I’ve been cancelled, basically, by the Chilmark Library. That has resulted in lots of people in Chilmark calling me and calling the library and saying, “We’re being deprived of Alan’s annual speech.” [ Ebba Hierta, the Chilmark’s director, disputed Dershowitz’s characterization, and said, “Not one single person has contacted me to complain that they haven’t had a chance to hear Alan speak.” ]

For someone who claims to be anti-Trump, he sure sounds a lot like him…

The entire first half of the interview is him saying he’s been cancelled at these different places and then in parathesis having the place respond saying no one’s complained that he’s not speaking

1 Like

lol @ the interviewer saying it’s terrifying how he’s been treated.

1 Like

Lol he’s so good at this!

https://twitter.com/adamparkhomenko/status/1549476248124067840?s=21&t=FWT0dG9Wwv1X7-teL6fwwQ

1 Like

I thought this might come up.

I try to hate pete but have a hard time usually. However, neither one of them is lying. Those numbers are correct for a nissan leaf and the figure scott perry quoted is indeed the average EV cost for 2022 - however, averages are deceiving when you have ~$100k+ teslas and other luxury ev’s diluting that.

Perry is distorting.

1 Like

Everything’s gonna be put on electricity and run on a payin’ basis… a veritable age o’ reason… not a moment too soon.

Two-thirds of respondents (67.2%, 95% CI 66.1%, 68.4%) perceived ″a serious threat to our democracy,″ but more than 40% agreed that ″having a strong leader for America is more important than having a democracy″ and that ″in America, native-born white people are being replaced by immigrants.″ Half (50.1%) agreed that ″in the next few years, there will be civil war in the United States.″

Among 6,768 respondents who considered violence to be at least sometimes justified to achieve 1 or more specific political objectives, 12.2% were willing to commit political violence themselves ″to threaten or intimidate a person,″ 10.4% ″to injure a person,″ and 7.1% ″to kill a person.″

Among all respondents, 18.5% thought it at least somewhat likely that within the next few years, in a situation where they believed political violence was justified, ″I will be armed with a gun″, and 4.0% thought it at least somewhat likely that ″I will shoot someone with a gun.″

lol at jack ma being one of the popsicles, considering that Xi probably fed him to some pigs

2 Likes

This is really funny and I fully approve of what China is doing to their super wealthy, but I’m pretty sure he resurfaced a few months ago in public mostly to end rumors like this. Absolutely could still be how it ends for him though lol.