2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

If John McCain had only had the good sense to not come back from Vietnam, we wouldn’t have Meghan McCain in our lives.

That’s probably what every conservative book release would look like if they weren’t juicing sales

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/KITHnocontext/status/1522580945471115265

Are we talking about this crazy Alabama prison escape story anywhere?

Cliffs: 6’9 white supremacist dude with Nazi tattoos is doing a bid for, among other things, kidnapping and attempted murder. Even killed the ex’s dog. He said if he ever got out, he’s killing his ex-girlfriend then suiciding by cop.

A female corrections officer may or may not be romantically involved and helped him escape. She sells her house for bolt money, then says she’s taking him to a court appearance. Drives him to a strip mall, and switches cars.

That 2nd car was found in Tennessee on Friday. They haven’t been seen since escaping.

This has the potential to end spectacularly badly.

2 Likes

she’s dead already, 95% certain. Probably 99% she was dead before they even ditched the 2nd car.

The white supremacist version of Charles Sobhraj

Alabama’s finest are all over it

The getaway vehicle used by a man wanted for murder in Alabama and the jail official suspected of helping him escape after a “jailhouse romance” was found in an impound lot in Tennessee, where it sat for nearly a week before authorities realized they had it, officials said Friday.

lol pvn

This is just further evidence of my thesis - chicks really dig tall guys.

2 Likes

At some point the great economist John Kenneth Galbraith met Charles de Gaulle. These are both tall men. At least 6’6" and maybe more. Galbraith expressed his opinion that tall people were destined to rule the world. De Gaulle agreed. Then he said “But what should we do with all the short people?”

It doesn’t help that the majority of jail staff are also white supremacists or on their way to becoming white supremacists. When you work in an institution of structural racism this violent Nazi will start to sound like he makes a lot of sense!

Bo Jackson was ridiculous

https://twitter.com/nut_history/status/1522737758778925056?s=21&t=AFKolxLLpJwixRZbubyxNQ

3 Likes

I loved the 30 for 30 but they really flubbed it by just barely mentioning one of his quintessential games.

Bo homered in his first three ABs - the last one he just kind of flicked his wrist and got it out to the short porch in right at Yankee stadium. I was sure he was going to become the first player in MLB history to hit 5 homers in a game. He was so dialed in.

In the next half inning, the other two-sport star Deion Sanders hit a liner to the gap that no one else could have even gotten close to. Bo dove for it and missed. It ended up being a wild inside-the-park home run, where Sanders missed home plate, and then somehow dove back over Mike McFarlane’s tag to touch the plate. One of the wildest plays I’ve ever seen.

Bo injured himself on the dive and had to come out of the game. ARGGHHHH! What could have been.

Sweet Christmas Bo must have been born on Planet Kyrpton, that dude was unreal.

I can’t figure out what the shortstop(?) is doing in that clip. He looks like a cat chasing a laser pointer.

Bo wouldn’t get the appreciation he deserved if he played today. Everybody would all be like, “He’s on roids. They’re all on roids.”

But his career happened before we thought every athlete was cheating. So, we can be amazed without that cynicism in our heads.

Even better, Bo once had this incredible conversation with Adam LaRoche’s son

For Gen X’ers of… a certain age

1 Like

That kid seems so unimpressed by who he’s talking to until the very end where he offers a little lip service.

1 Like

Weird coincidence, I was in a used bookstore today just browsing, found this for 6 bucks. :+1:

4 Likes

Question: how messed up is it to hire a Mariachi band for a upper middle class suburb Saturday party during Cinco de Mayo weekend? Went to my buddies party and felt a little icky about it.

Mariachis gotta eat. I say not fucked up.

1 Like