Unstuck NFL Fantasy League ****-talking Thread

I’m good for up to $250, might go for side bets if people want extra action.

What’s a good free resource so I’m not going in completely blind?

Last year was my first FFL year in about a century, but we used Yahoo and I thought it was pretty great - particularly on mobile.

(Bear in mind, I’m basically comparing it to Y2K CBS Sportsline.)

The mobile app is good, I know they focus on it more than the desktop version so it gets all of the good stuff first.

Once we set up the league, Yahoo itself is a good resource. They have staff FF writers who are well respected plus they link to others. Actually I think you can get a lot of their content without having a team

16 teams is awesome if we have enough, do 3 WR and a flex, more players more better. Can’t do superflex with 16. Well, you could I guess…

The issue you run into with that many teams and 3 WR + flex is youre drafting guys who are basically scout team receivers towards the end. I saw it every year in the SE leagues on 22. But again I will go with what the group wants

I’d be fine with 2 QB if we nerf QB scoring a bit

Never been in a 16 team league. I mean it kinda becomes a full-on crapshoot about halfway through the draft. There’ll be so few viable players on waivers that your team is done for with one major injury.

With 10-12 teams, there’s some value to using the waiver wire

EDIT: We’re doing PPR, right? Either 1/2 or full is cool with me.

It looks like Yahoo on dark mode to me

I will check it out tonight from home on my desktop

1 Like

Usually .5 was preferred on the old site and i think that’s what we did last year.

1 Like

I’d be in for Yahoo. Any kind of scoring is fine by me.

I’ve played in a league with the same group of guys for about 15 years now where we have lol 6 points for passing TDs and 5 IDP. Would definitely not recommend for a one off league but it makes for some fun scoring.

Too much variance with IDPs imo

I don’t mind splitting the baby in half with 5 points per TD. It increases the value of pocket passing QBs and QBs in general. But I’d prefer sticking with 4 point passing TDs.

So, who’s gonna start the league and create the draft time?

So far, we have

1. @superuberbob
  2. @00cooler00
  3. @Tilted
  4. @MichaelDavis
  5. @WAR
  6. @catfacemeowmers
  7. @DrJenniferMelfi
  8. @ElSapo
  9. @spidercrab
  10. @Riverman

We got room for 2 more though I’m cool with 10.

I say 0.5 PPR start QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/TE/FLEX/K/DEF, 6 bench positions, 2 IR slots, FAAB, 4 team playoff weeks 16 and 17

I vote for all of this except 3 WR and 5 bench spots

1 Like

I will start the league tomorrow unless someone else wants to. Who did it last year? It was definitely on Yahoo but I do not have any record of it on my account which is very strange, it’s like it never happened. I want credit for that win dammit.

I don’t recall there being one in 2020. Last one I have was in 2019.

lol holy crap you’re right I see it now. I totally spaced on the entire last season wow

I’m up for a $50 entry fee.

Remember, I don’t have an American salary so I don’t have as much to throw around on something that is essentially a crapshoot no matter how much you follow the sport.

Yeah I’m probably maxed at a $50 entry fee. … also, the more this is a crapshoot, the better for me. SO whatever rules take the most skill out of it …

1 Like

I’m in for whatever.

Had my first (and likely only) auction draft.

I really enjoy them because you can’t look at a cheatsheet on ESPN and use it to do all the work for you. It requires some more planning and thought than that.

Just had one heck of a draft through Yahoo.

QB - Russell Wilson ($2)
RB - Derrick Henry ($59)
RB - Alvin Kamara ($57)
WR - Keenan Allen ($31)
WR - Amari Cooper ($9)
TE - Noah Fant ($2)
FLEX - Josh Jacobs ($14)
K - Younghoe Koo ($1)
DEF - Pittsburgh Steelers ($2)
B - Matthew Stafford ($2)
B - James Conner ($2)
B - AJ Dillon ($2)
B - Kenny Golladay ($1)
B - Robby Anderson ($2)
B - Courtland Sutton ($2)

Always interesting to watch so many owners ball out early and end up being unable to bid on players after the 6th or 7th round. But what was really surprising was how much money other owners had left over. Normally, I’m really good at not having cash left over. But I ended up with $12 of my $200 left. Two owners had $48 and $38 left respectively which made me look good by comparison.