Unstuck NFL Fantasy League ****-talking Thread

If you are still looking for more members\alternates, I’ll join if there is a withdrawal or a 12th with me. I won’t be disappointed if I get excluded, just @ me if I’m expected to be in. The buy-ins suggested in this thread seem fine.

2 Likes

League is activated. League settings are as follows:

Maximum number of teams: 12 (can change this if there is enough interest)

Rosters are set to: QB-1, WR-3, RB-2, TE-1, W/R/T-1, K-1, D/ST-1, Bench-6, IR-2

Playoffs are weeks 16 and 17, top 4 teams playoff, no re-seeding

Scoring set to:
-Fractional - Yes
-Negative - Yes
-Pass TD - 4 pts
-Interception - (-1) pt
-Pass yds - 25 yds/pt
-Rush TD - 6 pts
-Rush yds - 10 yds/pt
-Receiving TD - 6 pts
-Receiving yds - 10 yds/pt
-Reception - 0.5 pt
-Return TD - 6 pts
-2 pt conversion - duh
-Fumble - (-2) pts
-Offensive fumble return TD - 6 pts
-Kickahhhh - all 3 pts except 40+ (4 pts) and 50+ (5 pts)
-Extra point - 1 pt
-Defense shutout - 15 pts; 1-6 points allowed - 10 pts; 7-13 pts allowed - 5 pts; 14-20 pts allowed - 2 pts; 21-27 pts allowed - 0 pts; 28+ pts allowed - (-1) pts; 35+ pts allowed - (-4) pts
-Sack - 1 pt
-Safety - 2 pts
-Interception - 2 pts
-Fumble recovery - 2 pts
-Defense TD - 6 pts
-Block kick - 2 pts
-Return TD - 6 pts
-Extra point return - 2 pts

Obv I juiced D/ST a little and added a WR but otherwise these are Yahoo’s default settings. We can discuss possible issues and or changes between now and the draft.
—————————————————————

For whatever reason (I assume security) they apparently aren’t letting commissioners just post the league ID and password anymore to let people join the leagues themselves. I have to invite people manually now, which shouldn’t be a pain in the ass at all! So PM me your email address so I can send you the league invitation.

—————————————————————-

The live draft is currently set for 9:45 pm EST on Monday, September 6. That is Labor Day Night in the USA#1, three days before the first game of the season. If this does not work for you, I need you to do two (2) things: 1) say so here, ASAP (not the day of the draft), AND 2) post a date or list of dates and times that do work for you. Just saying “I can’t make that” isn’t particularly helpful. The draft is half the fun and I would like as many of us to be there as possible. I know we’re flung all over the world so it may not be possible, and for those who cannot make it, you need to pre-rank your preferred draft order, otherwise you will be at the mercy of Yahoo’s default rankings which are sometimes shit.

—————————————————————-

It looks like the consensus steaks = $50 buy in so $500 pool or $600 if we get 12 obviously. Do we want to do winner take all? Or chop among the playoff teams? We need to settle that before Week 1.

If I have to, I will escrow, though I’d really rather not do both. I have cash app, PayPal, Venmo and Apple Pay.

Lettuce footbaw

2 Likes

This is not a strong preference, but I’d vote for something like 3rd place gets buyin back, 1st and 2nd place split remainder 80/20.

1 Like

Paying top three is always a clean way to do it if you have a four team playoff. I was also gonna see if maybe there was interest in expanding to six teams though if we manage more than ten owners. But either way we can still pay the top three.

I’m 6 hours ahead of y’all. Can it be a bit earlier?

I mean I can stay up late but starting the draft at 3:45 am my time is not good.

Yahoo autodraft is dog shit because it drafts kicker and defense at the midpoint of the draft regardless of how you prerank. I’ve actively excluded defense and kicker from preranking but it still drafts them.

Looks good!

Also, me forgetting there’s now 18 weeks and slowly remembering

+1 to this.

1 Like

I will be around probably all day Labor Day as I have no plans but others may not so I will let them weigh in.

Also I have done drafts on the mobile app before and while it’s not ideal, it is doable as long as you have good WiFi.

Invites sent to Riverman, WAR, cooler, spider spider something spider and El Sapo

I’m in a league for several years now where the commish insists on including week 17, now presumably week 18 too. It always ends in hilarity.

Is there a link to the league I missed?

Link doesn’t work for me, assume this is an lol yahoo situation. Also the email went to my spam folder.

You have to send me your email address and I have to invite you, that’s how it works now.

Try moving the email out of your spam folder and then click the link. If that doesn’t work I’ll resend because it maybe expired.

So what’s happening with the draft?

How late are you up?

Like I said I’ll be around that day so I’m fine with whatever. It’s currently set for 6:30 pm eastern on Monday Labor Day but can be set to whatever

If you can set it 3-4 hours earlier that’d be great.

Has anything been changed? Seems that nobody is expressing any opposition.

The 3:30pm updated time is fine with me.

1 Like

Yeah I’ll work around whatever is decided. I hope you guys enjoy the free $50 I’m about to donk away.

2 Likes