2021 NFL Gameday Thread

Kicker has been pretty LOL today, blocked FG plz?

x10000000000000

looked to me they were in zone, two are too far in front, the one he tripped by was going to let him go the guy that got the ball was the only one who could’ve defended it (at least from what I saw)

Welp, kinda feels like this is the season where good things come to an end.

Think we’ll be lucky to go 8 and 8.

Right, and why bother? Might as well just tank. Norton should be fired tomorrow, and Pete really should be gone because Norton is still around. Let Waldron try out for the job for the rest of the season. No idea if Russ or Schneider will even want to stay around or if they’re worth keeping.

I was pretty certain it was over when we ran on 3rd and 22.

2 Likes

Historically bad defense

https://twitter.com/MichaelSalfino/status/1446316711293116417

2011 bills sounds insane, sure the bengals the past few seasons but 10 years ago?

of course that bills DC later got a DC (vikings) and spent 6 seasons

Yeah, it’s time for Pete to go, his scheme has been replicated and figured out, plus it doesn’t work particularly well if you can’t get pressure with 4 and don’t have an amazing secondary.

And that’s aside from the terrible fourth down decisions and torching every first rounder for a decade.

Pete built a great team and I love him for finally bringing a championship to Seattle, but it’s time to bring in someone young who gets the modern NFL.

So Pete finally looks like he’s 50?

Imagine if he had to go through the Urban Meyer treatment when he was actually 50. Never would have survived.

https://twitter.com/JClarkNBCS/status/1446303447708545027

1 Like

The problem with zone in say cover 3 or cover 2, it requires a lot of really good defensive players to run it all the time. idk if the seahawks still are running it, but they used to a lot (I know they did a bit last year). The Bears ran cover 2 almost every play when they had a bunch of really good defensive players. It’s like yeah we’re better than you do something about it. This strategy is horrible when the opposing offense is much better. ie, the bears under marc trestman

It’s an understatement to say the Seahawks defense is struggling. Through six games of the 2020 NFL season, this unit has been historically bad. Seattle has allowed 2,875 yards, the most in NFL history the Elias Sports Bureau.

so last year someone wrote an article how Seattle Def was historically bad early on and this unit early on the defense is historically bad. It’s the same DC.

article here even though nobody cares https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/where-does-blame-lie-for-seahawks-defensive-woes

That’s amazing.

He either thought he was diving for a pick, figuring that his teammates had Kupp stopped if he caught the pass or stopping himself from hitting Kupp too early in a ridiculous way. I can’t think of anything else.

Dickinson made the play of the night. Not the 2nd punt. The pickup of the ball. One handed of a wildly gyrating football. Amazing.

It looks like the ball was slightly tipped, which caused it to go straight to Kupp. Had it not been tipped, it looks like it would have been overthrown a bit and his dive could have put him in position for the pick (especially if Kupp doesn’t turn around at last moment).

Yeah looks like he thought he had a pick there.