2021 College Football Gameday Thread

Seriously… I have no idea which of these teams is actually any good.

Past Alabama and Georgia you have:

Oregon (clearly most impressive win, good recruiting historically, might actually be good. Point against: Their QB wasn’t good enough to keep his job at Boston College)

Oklahoma (Won a slugfest against Nebraska, currently losing at home to West Virginia)

Iowa (Still Iowa, still coached by Kirk Ferentz)

Penn State (Decent talent, OK coaching, QB is a question mark)

Dammit Stanford.

Arkansas might actually be legit.

They do have a game at Georgia next week, so I guess we’ll find out.

Thinking maybe Arkansas has not played much of anyone if we’re being sober about it other than an overrated (which we already saw from the CU game) A&M. But yeah we will know more next week

If you had asked me to bet $50000 that Arkansas would be 4-0 and Florida St would be 0-4 at this point I would have taken a second mortgage to bet against it if necessary

Is fumbling bad? Asking for a friend.

Part of the problem right now is that there’s a cyclical element to all of this. The nature of there being 2 teams that are widely accepted as being “good” means that basically everybody “Hasn’t played anybody” yet.

Really feels like if there’s a year for a Group of 5 team to sneak into a playoff this is it.

1 Like

I feel like people say this every year.

And still it’s always 3 P5 champions and either a 4th P5 champion, Notre Dame or a 2nd SEC school.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/TomFornelli/status/1441893276026433538

This group of 5 seems rather weak as a whole too. Cincy hasn’t impressed and basically need to blow out Notre Dame. Fresno did but they’ve already lost to Oregon and well looked like shit the other night.

Right now I’d go (not in order) Baylor, Oregon, Alabama, Florida?, Michigan, Arkansas over all of the group of 5 so far.

Wonder what they do if say Wake Forest is unbeaten, not as far fetched as you’d think.

Cincinnati has a shot of making the cfb playoffs, but still a longshot. No other G5 team does

I said before the season Cincy has basically Notre Dame to overcome and still feel that way

BYU is ranked 15th 3-0 in the pac 12 and still has @Baylor @USC winning every game there probably isn’t a good argument against them in it at the time even though they will get shafted somehow

Unbeaten Wake Forest makes the playoffs. Wins at UNC and at Clemson plus the ACC title game will be enough. That’s not happening though.

This is correct. BYU is not a G5 team, but has an outsidier chance of making it.

It’s a shame the UNC and Clemson wins, which you’re right won’t even happen, have been significantly devalued

UNC is down 21 to Georgia Tech, who lost to Northern Illinois

1 Like

https://twitter.com/SamDCooper/status/1441946608510259201

backup QB ran onto the field for this penalty

Barring something crazy like Wake Forest running the table looking like ACC will be left out of the cfb playoffs

1 Like

BYU not that convincing. Of the 3 PAC12 games, two were at home and one at neutral site. Utah played poorly. ASU was as bad as could be but still had more first downs and yards. Could easily have won.

Good God a lot of ugly football games today.