2021 College Football Gameday Thread

Find that hard to believe when they are basically 1 point stronger than UCLA (extrapolating from UCLA -2 at home today)

Honestly #4 is probably Texas A&M. SP+ is pretty close to Vegas Power Ratings so curious what that looks like after the top 3 tomorrow.

Ohio St was like +700 to win the title last week, if they’re still there this week it might be load up the wheelbarrow time.

agreed osu looks like a Death Star… again dammit

I’m able to watch this OSU/Utah after getting my parents’ Xfinity password, like a regular 40+ adult.

Getting forced over to FuboTV quickly by YouTubeTV sports fails

Sagarin has OU. F/+ (a week behind) says Michigan.

Massey scores the bout #3 Michigan!!!

Technically Sagarin has Michigan #4 b/c Predictor is his most accurate rating. Although it’s ridiculously close. Less than 1 pt. separated #4-#9.

Lol at the box score on CBS sports.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/PaulPabst/status/1452007093108609028

6 Likes

I thought I read that he changed that several years ago and that RATING was now the most accurate?

It’s anyone’s guess. He used to say Predictor was best, but now he just claims they’re all good to very good.

As usual with all of these fake internet statisticians, error estimates and model diagnostics are nowhere to be found. Pretty easy to claim anything you want when you don’t provide those!

1 Like

2 Likes

Is that never in doubt?

2 Likes

2 Likes

Saturday is better when you don’t care that much. But thanks , beavers.

https://twitter.com/pff_college/status/1452060931626778629?s=21

2 Likes

OU shouldn’t be in the top 25 in any rankings. They’re on pace to be the biggest luckboxes ever.

3 Likes

I mean seriously. Down 10-0 at half versus fucking Kansas

1 Like

I feel like if you took every team that “shouldn’t be in the top 25”, you’d be left with far fewer than 25 teams.

2 Likes

Yah, we’ve heard X doesn’t belong in the top 5/10/25 a million times this season, but some of them have to be ranked. It’s just a weird season where there’s only a handful of elite or very good teams then a big mashup of mediums.