2021 College Football Gameday Thread

“What did you think of your team’s execution, Coach?”, he replied with “I’m in favor of it.”

“Well we didn’t block well, but we made up for it by not tackling.”

“Can’t stop the pass or the run. Otherwise, we’re in great shape.”

“I told my team it doesn’t matter. There are 750 million people in China who don’t even know this game was played.”

“We will be back. Maybe not this century, but we will be back and we will be a better football team.”

This seems like an overreaction:

https://twitter.com/RTRFND/status/1434723728571699200

This is funny as hell:
https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1434722182488285186

https://twitter.com/patmcafeeshow/status/1434727073692766208?s=21

1 Like

FSU has lost five straight season openers.

2017 vs Alabama
2018 vs VT
2019 vs Boise State
2020 vs GT
2021 vs ND

The Alabama game was at a neutral site and the rest were at home.

Wish they would’ve gotten a cupcake this year. They might actually have something resembling a team, unless ND is a complete flop, which is entirely possible. A couple easy ones to start would’ve been nice.

https://twitter.com/uclafbrecruit/status/1434617726572503041?s=21

Watching Louisville-Old Piss so you don’t have to

-Maybe this Kiffin guy can croot?

-maybe they don’t actually need this Kiffin guy to coach the team though? (Presumably he’s not coaching from his recliner at home via iDevice)

-we are in our 4th (fourth) game stoppage for potential targeting with six minutes til halftime

i just get mad whenever i see durkin treated like a human being

1 Like

It seems like Louisville’s QB miiiight be serviceable while the team around him is…not

If they ever had a serviceable team around bridgewater/lamar jackson they would’ve at least been a top 5 team somewhere.

Still unbelievably stupid that Kentucky was able to beat Lamar during his Heisman year (but lets not talk about the year before and after)

Not that he ever would have but if Lamar had stayed another year that 2018 game between Bama and Louisville would have been a barn burner I think

I just noticed this game is being called by Herbstreit and Rece Davis. Has ESPN completely pushed Fowler out of CFB? Or is he doing tennis now? I know the us open is going on but I’ve seen none of it.

pretty sure Fowler wanted to get out of college football and definitely wanted to do more tennis

1 Like

lol at UConn for shitcanning Edsall after he said he was retiring, just seems like a really terrible move from a PR perspective with no actual upside for the program

You can’t get much worse than winning 6 games in three season, capped off by losing to Holy Cross at home.

He has had close to 0 support from everyone since getting re-hired so getting him gone sooner than later is better IMO. His re-hiring after the way he left in 2011 was a total failure. But then again who would have wanted that job after Diaco’s miserable run.

BTW can someone explain the new overtime rules

it seems like the more that overtime rules are different from regulation rules the worse they are

also it seems like most sports should just accept ties

yeah true I kinda forgot about him leaving and coming back, I take it all back, they made their own dumpster fire, this is a good move actually

1 Like

The new rules will require teams to go for two-point conversions as soon as the second period of overtime is reached.

Previously, teams would go for two in the third overtime.

The third overtime period is now drastically different. Teams will alternate running two-point plays instead of trading off drives.

they might as well flip a coin at that point. just call it a tie. is it americans in particular who are just allergic to ties? Baseball in particular is bafffling, with a 162-game season there’s really no reason to go to the lengths they do to avoid ties, though extra innings are a very pure way to do it (at least, they were before they started doing this baloney with runners on base at the beginning of the extra inning).

1 Like