2020 Post-Election Thread

I was gonna post something similar. While I agree with that Cracker Barrel CFS is not good, I definitely wouldn’t call it bad. It’s your median, replacement-level CFS. Definitely a safe choice if you find yourself at a Cracker Barrel.

It’s a better one than I can cook myself. I have a local place that I go to which is better than Cracker Barrel, but similar, including having a store in front. In fact, I think it occupies a former Cracker Barrel.

I think it’s more or less on par with Bob Evans or Applebees or TGIF or whatever. Not great by any means, but decent. I’m not complaining if folks at work want to go there for lunch.

Like most chains, it is considered inferior to local, non-chain restaurants. I would never go there by my choice, but I don’t look down on it so much that I would refuse to accept an invitation to eat there with people who I want to spend time with.

One reason it is looked down on is that it’s not an authentic Italian food experience. (Nevermind that one crappy family-owned Italian restaurant that used to be near me touted Armour mozzarella sticks on its menu.) It’s probably not even a super-authentic Italian-American food experience.

I have it a notch up from those. I generally won’t even go to those named above by choice. (But I’m not going to be a dick when circumstances and other peoples choices led me there.) But I’ll go to Olive Garden no problem.

If he ate pasta 1-2 times a day was he pushing 400lbs?

Sure, but I don’t have that expectation of any chain place. But the food is good. The salads are always fresh and the lettuce isn’t all wilted like a lot of chain places. And as Keeeed mentioned, the soups are good too.

This is kind of a low bar. If put to the test I’d probably offer up some other restaurant suggestions, but I can’t imagine saying, “I’m sorry. the Olive Garden is beneath me” (no matter how much it is sugarcoated).

Nope, he stayed 6’1" 185 the whole time.

I don’t think I’d ever chose to go to O.G. for a dinner if there was any kind of a more authentic/locally-owned place near me.

1 Like

Presented without comment

Well those places around me require reservations most nights. And/or a longish drive. So if we decide to go out at the last minute, Olive Garden is one of our better options imo.

That’s how I would do it if I were running a kitchen. Parcooking is a fairly common restaurant tactic.

Dairy Queens are all gone here anyway

it’s Dollar stores and Subways now and Casey’s in this part of the midwest

lol, that’s what I do with tomato paste. it comes in these 8 or 10 oz cans, and every recipe ever only needs a couple tablespoons. So I open the can, scoop out 1-tbsp portions onto a piece of wax paper, wrap each one, and freeze them. works like a charm.

Waffle House is the pinnacle of chain diners/breakfast restaurants. Cracker Barrel is trash.

1 Like

Sisnt cracker barrel get sued for legit doing segregation? I’d never eat there just because of that

wafflehouse >>> cracker barrel. i always thought cracker barrel is just an inch higher than golden corral

Giuliani said the Arizona legislature will attempt to pass a resolution tomorrow (Wednesday) to certify President Trump as the winner.

in we’re still drawing live at a civil war news

Excuse me sir this thread is about the Waffle House.

13 Likes