2020 Election Thread 2: 41 DAYS OF TREASON

There is just no coming back from this. Red states are going to continue purging those from their ranks that are unwilling to do absolutely anything to keep power. When Brian Kemp isn’t an acceptable republican because he won’t go far enough to keep hold of power…

The only hope is win the senate and pack the court. The first is a long shot and the last is never happening.

3 Likes

The failure to take the senate by enough to actually fix things will be seen by historians as the beginning of the end.

2 Likes

nah, lots of people said that about the election of donald trump 4 years ago

1 Like

It’s not

Good thing we held the house then

https://twitter.com/angie_rasmussen/status/1336685845072384007?s=21

Setting aside the fact that this claim is bullshit for a second. Every time a deck of cards is shuffled, the odds of the cards ending up in the order they do is 1 in 8 x 10^67 and yet every time one of those hits.

People don’t understand math or probability, especially when large numbers are involved.

3 Likes

eLbHkvS

8 Likes

Reminds me of an incident at the poker table (back in the day). A player said to the dealer “you just dealt me the exact same two cards as I had the hand before. You know the odds of that? About 300,000 to one.” I tried to tell him the odds were closer to 1,325 to 1. He was not convinced.

The election of Donald Trump 4 years ago was the beginning of the end. I mean, I guess you can make a case for the beginning being earlier than that, but certainly not later.

3 Likes

The trolls would have all crawled back into their holes. Then he not only won but Mitch et al figured out how to use the base and they got completely normalized. The repubes will eventually regret letting the genie out of the bottle. I hope there is no violence, but if it has to happen hopefully its red on red crime.

My wife legit wants to move to a remote part of English-speaking Europe because she thinks it’s all over in 2024. I used to laugh.

2 Likes

The law doesn’t specify. I am not kidding about this.

We’re going to need a new thread soon for an election that’s been over for more than a month.

1 Like

This is incorrect

“ Every objection shall be made in writing, and shall state clearly and concisely, and without argument, the ground thereof, and shall be signed by at least one Senator and one Member of the House of Representatives before the same shall be received. When all objections so made to any vote or paper from a State shall have been received and read, the Senate shall thereupon withdraw, and such objections shall be submitted to the Senate for its decision; and the Speaker of the House of Representatives shall, in like manner, submit such objections to the House of Representatives for its decision; and no electoral vote or votes from any State which shall have been regularly given by electors whose appointment has been lawfully certified to according to section 6 of this title from which but one return has been received shall be rejected, but the two Houses concurrently may reject the vote or votes when they agree that such vote or votes have not been so regularly given by electors whose appointment has been so certified.”

Says the two houses have to agree that the votes have not been properly done.

The remote parts of english speaking europe aren’t any better iyam.

I don’t know man, some of these Irish villages we’ve been researching seem pretty good.

I mean sure it’s pretty if you don’t mind being cold and wet. But the bigotry is still there and it’s just as much of a cultural backwater as bfe middle America. But poorer.

I don’t know about that, man. I can’t be arsed up to look but there were a lot of Virginia comparisons being thrown around (which as you know hasn’t gone back).

If you’re just thinking trend, I don’t disagree necessarily. I just don’t think we’ll see a blue GA again until 2030 at least. And between now and then it will tighten up. But I still think it is safe red for a good while. I guess that’s a trend of some kind.

But will they pay for it???