2020 Election Thread 2: 41 DAYS OF TREASON

Tales from the derposphere - one of the derps on my FB posted asking for thoughts on wiping out student loan debt. Here’s one of the replies and my reply. The horror of free college!

25 Likes

It’s true that states using voting machines with no paper trail should re-evaluate and adopt best practices.

But you don’t have to choose between Dominion and paper ballots: Maricopa county recently adopted a system that combines Dominion hardware and software with good old fashioned paper ballots.

It seemed to work pretty well and lots of other counties do something similar. I’ve seen the pallets of ballots and they’ll sit in a warehouse for at least a couple of years.

College use to be free or close to it in the past. MAGA free college for all!

1 Like

Yeah, college was cheaper back then, because of

GOVERNMENT

1 Like

I swear this is 100% every poker player talk I had to suffer at live tables. Only somehow more obnoxious than usual.

You didn’t solve any math problem. Your first “I’m calm bitch look at me” post came way before you had enough county data to make any asserted call. Which is why no one else fucking did.
It’s a probability question. If you think at the time you came in, before AZ was called (and wrongly called) we had a better chance of winning than the 90-10 pre election day than you have literally no clue what you’re talking about.

You act as if people here were convinced Trump won. People were scared because Trump was live to win. And you think he wasn’t at the time you showed up, again, you have no idea how probability work and are result oriented as shit.

BUT EVEN IF YOU WERE RIGHT, why the fuck are you pulling this insanely obnoxious act at people who were scared for their fucking lives? You act as if you were villainized here when you got ridiculous amount of (unwarranted) positive attention.

God this is tilting. The lack of empathy shown here sometimes is truly depressing.

10 Likes

I’m sorry, but from the moment we started to see how absentees were breaking in early reporting states, a Biden win was never really in doubt. It just wasn’t. It took till probably like 11:00/Midnightish for that to become a pretty sure thing. People continued freaking out based upon incorrect assessments of the information we had.

3 Likes

You literally showed a worst case scenario map that wasn’t a win.

My grandparents paid my college tuition, thus everybody’s grandparents should pay for their college tuition or it’s unfair to mine that they did.

2 Likes

Man there’s just so much injustice everywhere. My grandparents had no say in their slaves being emancipated.

1 Like

The election was a disaster for the dems. Republicans are not a lock to win the presidency in 2024. Incumbency is really powerful, so if Biden’s health and cognition holds up, he should run again and then resign middle term and hand it over to Kamala.

2 Likes

If he sees two years in that this is to be the likely path, would it be better to resign in his first term and hand incumbency to her for 2024?

1 Like

FYP, cause I did win a live tournament once.

I literally said 65/35 before AZ got called. But sure keep making shit up.

We had FL county data very early in the night which made me very confident in the Blue Wall. I didn’t think there was much chance Biden would do better than Obama 08, Obama 12, and Hillary 16 in Okaloosa and lose the Blue Wall.

Once AZ was called I then knew that we very likely only needed PA and one of the other two, because it would be hard to win AZ and lose NV - even as someone who was a little nervous about NV coming in.

They were, go back and read it yourself. I’m not going to drag people who didn’t call me out or who aren’t being assholes.

I’m pulling it at people who told me to fuck off, told me I was wrong, etc. I was told repeatedly I was wrong about PA even days after the election, so yeah I spiked the football. Sue me.

I’m not being obnoxious to anyone who wasn’t directing it at me, and playing the “scared for their lives” card is pretty absurd right now.

Give me a break. Had I somehow been wrong, I would be dragged from now until the end of time every time I disagreed with someone, while we all suffered immensely. Biden won, we’re all happy about it, and I spiked the football. Rubbing in being right about a collective victory is quite different from rubbing it in the other way around.

1 Like

This Dominon conspiracy thing needs DS9 memes.

5 Likes

who told you to fuck off? All i’ve seen were some dudes who thought you were wrong. I was shook as fuck from it being 65/35 at that point.

You were wrong like 50000 times before. I’m not gonna look it up so sorry if I got this wrong, but I think I replied to one of your posts about how 56-44 senate is live like two days before the election. I’d never think of “dragging you” about it.

Why are you being obnoxious to anyone?! There’s a big difference between rubbing it in jest while everyone are fucking praising you the last week or so than whatever the fuck it is you’re doing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realGulDukat/status/1328006550682816512

5 Likes

You can go find it if you want, I’m not going to pull them back into it again and cause an additional derail. I was nervous at 65/35, but it was like that for maybe an hour.

It was live based on polling and models, we ended up on the other tail. Who’s being results oriented now? Live means reasonably possible, not favored to happen.

I also shared what a mega wealthy dude told me about getting to 60-40 and said I found it extremely unlikely, but interesting to share. I never predicted that.

I was told repeatedly for like a week after the election that I was wrong about my 75K-150K margin prediction in PA even as I kept showing my math, so once we hit 75K I @ed a couple people for it.

While I was @ProxyOP I had saved the one who told me to STFU because it was going to be so close, so I did that one too since we ran the margins up in PA and MI as I had predicted - there was an illusion of closeness because votes were still being counted.

I don’t think any of that is particularly obnoxious. Then you and a couple others started coming at me for it, and here we are.

Reply update:

What’s he got to say about the absurd inflation in tuition prices? Time to compare tuition to min wage then and now.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/BillPascrell/status/1329208069637738505

2 Likes