2020 Election Thread 2: 41 DAYS OF TREASON

I think that if an “Acting” leader of a a Department makes a decision and like a year later the Supreme Court decides that it wasn’t legal for them to “Act,” then that decision is nullified. Doesn’t work for Ds because we want to make lasting changes.

Did work for Donnie because all he wanted to do was shit like send in armed thugs to intimidate people, and can’t really reverse that.

2 Likes

This, I’m guessing, is the exact job Pete wanted to drop out. And I don’t blame him either, if he fixed the VA he’d be a national hero and I’d take back anything bad I ever said about him. In fact I’d start weighing what he thinks we should do pretty highly because I’d have tangible proof that he could back it up.

It’s a very ambitious bet too. That job has been chewing people up and spitting them out since 9/11 basically.

1 Like

11 Likes

VA is a bad job though. I don’t know why anyone would want it. You’re basically set up to fail and once you do you’ll never get another job because you’re tainted from that one.

Wasn’t the first Trump VA guy an Obama holdover?

1 Like

Also with regards to DOJ, only a senate confirmed AG can take certain important actions.

Perfect

1 Like

Pete must have wanted it because there’s absolutely no way he would be getting given it if he didn’t. I totally agree about the job sucking… it’s literally the worst.

5 Likes

Lol

4 Likes

7 Likes

2 Likes

I have been super disappointed. They have been remarkably normal. They were polite to the Trump lawyer even as their questions screamed”you’re full of shit”. Even Rove and Fleischer while exceeding dishonest didn’t drive me to flip the channel.

2 Likes

There was an impromptu Trump rally going on at the SLC Capitol so I walked up to take a look. Speaker on the steps was talking about constitutional remedies and finding the addresses of legislators. Trumpers walking around with sidearms and AR-15s. One lady on a megaphone on the sidewalk out front saying over and over to passing Biden supporters “You’re racist! You’re racist!” Black kids hanging out of their cars with signs and blaring the “Fuck Donald Trump” song. Took a few pics.

1 Like

No, he’s been working on other gaps. Lots of time for it now. Piece of shit.

2 Likes

Not sure about the others, but there are all kinds of powers the AG has that requires Senate confirmation to execute. Not tenable to have a permanent Acting in that position.

When does weed get decriminalized?

3 Likes

8 Likes

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1325154115173879814

7 Likes