2020 Election Thread 2: 41 DAYS OF TREASON

If they didn’t back down it could have been an issue that got tied up in the courts and gave the legislature some undue leverage.

Besides, lighting my hair on fire over extremely dangerous but unlikely events is what I do.

That was my favorite part too. How did ~everyone see ME being calm and confident and then freak out? I was cracking up at that.

But I’m the type to worry a lot over a 1/100 or 1/1000 shot that’s catastrophic when we’ve got days/weeks to discuss it.

When I’ve got live data and the bullets are flying, I’m locked in and calm.

3 Likes

Perhaps you’re not the bellwether you imagine you are. I second a containment thread for… whatever this is.

11 Likes

Man when you think a circle jerk is ironic and realize it might not be it’s a very strange feeling.

6 Likes

Eh, I can only speak for myself but Cuse and Jman and ChrisV et al remaining calm and confident is meritorious if for no other reason than it saved me from chainsmoking another pack and a half of cigarettes.

2 Likes

I was sober and confident all election night.

5 Likes

this map was based on a false sense of security in regards to AZ based on Fox. It was def within ‘worst case scenario’ to lose AZ.

This is part of the reason I don’t get whatever it is that was going on here earlier, but I might be misinterpreting the tone so I’ll stand down and standby.

1 Like

I mean Trump won a few key states by razor thin margins in 2016

and then Biden won a few key states by even less than those margin in 2020. But sure we had it the whole time!

Anyway, consider me one of the shook ones. I stayed off my phone until about 9:30pm on election night and took a peek, then shut it down immediately, and then covered myself in blankets and laid in bed for the next few hours awaiting the next 2016. It was kinda ok/fun when I woke up to watch at 3 am though and they called Wisconsin at 3:30 or 4!

2 Likes

Definitely confident. Sober is just pants on fire lying. But worth a shot.

1 Like

I can’t remember what I posted on election night, if anything, but I’ll out myself. I was freaking out. The only thing keeping from going into full meltdown was Cuse and the couple others on this board who were calm, so props and cheers!

3 Likes

I doubt I posted much on election night, but I lurked like crazy.

My friends were shocked that I, the most WAAF person any of them know, was very calm throughout the whole election. All day Wednesday people were talking about insane uncertainty and I kept telling people not to worry, we almost certainly won the election. I bought my WAAF views on everything else a lot more mileage with that take!

A lot of the reason I was calm was jman and cuse. However, I remember jman’s “Mueller’s got this!!!” takes from 2017/18, which still give me pause when he is optimistic about something.

4 Likes

lol this is tilting the fuck out of me.

3 Likes

FWIW, I don’t actually mind these posts (even the dunking), but I would rather see them somewhere else and not in the thread where I’m still happily tracking election nonsense and amateur coup attempts.

But I guess I’m in the minority here.

Yeah, but to be fair, you’ve been confident for four years. That confidence has often… not paid off.

7 Likes

Biden’s margins were larger than Trump.

2 Likes

Yeah turns out there was no drama on election night.

1 Like

It’s so meaningless too. Elections have a binary result. Trump conceding jokes aside, one candidate has to win. To take a victory lap about ‘being calm’ is so fucking stupid when the elections started with losing FL in a much larger % than anticipated, at that time it looked like the entire south is lost. Texas and Ohio were both going to Trump in margins much bigger than anticipated and the Senate races were looking like shit.

In addition we had a narrative that looked relevant to AZ/NV that Biden underperforming with Hispanic voters in Texas as well.

All that while we had no significant results from WI/MI.

Oh, and that small issue that losing means people lives are in actual danger.

It’s perfectly fine to be calm in these situations. If that helps you dealing with the tension, it’s certainly healthier. Being calm or shook has 0 effect on the actual result, which is the only thing that matters, but taking a victory lap in a non-ironic way for two weeks is ridiculous (and factually stupid, but that’s another story)

3 Likes

That’s an odd use of an emoticon.

This is more misleading than accurate but I’m not going to write an essay about it.

And that’s on poker.