Your Vote Counts! You Can't Complain if You Don't Vote!

Contrary to what the capitalist running dogs of America, with their puny two party system, claim in their putrid propaganda… China is a multi-party voting utopia, complete with lying pols, annoying ads, and bunting… lots and lots of bunting.

Party Platform
Communist Party of China Status Quo… like duh
China Democratic League Your vote counts!
Revolutionary Party of the Kuomintang If you don’t vote…
China Association for Promoting Democracy … you can’t complain!
China Peasants and Workers Democratic Party What if…
Tiwan Democratic Self-Government League … everyone else…
China Democratic National Construction Association … didn’t vote?
China Zhi Gong Party Move back to LA

… parties participate in and deliberate on state affairs in the following ways: participating in the exercise of state power, consultation on fundamental state policies and the choice of state leaders, the administration of state affairs, and the formulation and implementation of state policies, laws and regulations. Their status and rights as participating parties are protected by the Constitution and other laws.

in 2017, these parties, together with the All-China Federation of Industry and Commerce, submitted over 300 proposals covering various aspects of China’s development and the people’s well-being such as economy and finance, resources, environmental protection, education, health, poverty alleviation, social services and science and technology…

Different from both the two-party or multiparty competition systems of Western nations and the one-party systems practiced in some other states, the political system on the Chinese mainland was born in China’s revolutionary struggles of the 20th century and has since been developed through decades of practice… It is a basic political system that suits the conditions of the Chinese mainland…

these parties participate in state affairs according to the law. The system accords with the system of people’s congresses to ensure that the people are the masters of the state.

Cliffs: Your vote counts! If you don’t vote, you can’t complain!

2 Likes

Gibberish gibberish gibberish gibberish gibberish

4 Likes

Anyways, did you miss the open election ITT in post #99? You don’t have to pathetically troll out of your own sense of powerlessness (below). Your vote counts! You have the power to help nuke this thread from orbit!

Don’t blame me. I voted for Kodos.

voted4kodos was my sn on AP.

You’re vote counts!

If you don’t vote, you can’t complain!

Your Vote Counts!

**image **

If You Don’t Vote, You Can’t Complain!

Your Vote Counts!

I don’t even get this one.

Like 1/3 of the peeps voted, and they’ve all been herded over to one side and packed together. And like 2/3 of the peeps didn’t vote, and they’ve all been herded over to the other side and packed together. But… there’s absolutely nothing of significance, or even of note, on either side… and there’s nothing keeping the peeps from mingling together and not letting themselves be divided up like this.

That’s one of the MOST important comics of all time ???/?

Hell, the toon at top isn’t even the most important comic in this post. How fuckin’ high to you gotta be to for any of this shit to even seem to make sense? Please vote this year!

If You Don’t Vote, You Can’t Complain!

1 Like

Your Vote Counts !

(as a capitulation)

If You Don’t Vote, You Can’t Complain !

(don’t complain, organize!)

2 Likes

100% of folks can complain about D.Trump.

41.6% of folks can complain about D.Trump.

39.1% of folks can complain about D.Trump.

20.0% of folks can complain about D.Trump.

Only the sheeple who voted for H.Clinton can complain about D.Trump.

1 Like

Who are you talking to?

You. Are you complaining?

The idea of a ballot being capable of reducing the harm in a system rooted in colonial domination and exploitation, white supremacy, hetero-patriarchy, and capitalism is an extraordinary exaggeration. There is no person whose lives aren’t impacted everyday by these systems of oppression, but instead of coded reformism and coercive “get out the vote” campaigns towards a “safer” form of settler colonialism, we’re asking “what is the real and tragic harm and danger associated with perpetuating colonial power and what can be done to end it?”

3 Likes

Great article, and well worth the read IMO.

One highlight, among many:

"Lucy Parsons, an Afro-Indigenous anarchist was among many who critiqued suffrage at the time. Parsons wrote in 1905, “Can you blame an Anarchist who declares that man-made laws are not sacred?…The fact is money and not votes is what rules the people. And the capitalists no longer care to buy the voters, they simply buy the ‘servants’ after they have been elected to ‘serve.’ The idea that the poor man’s vote amounts to anything is the veriest delusion.The ballot is only the paper veil that hides the tricks.”

Are you home from your trip yet? If not STFU.

1 Like

Ms Conman says she gives a +1 to your comment, and appreciates you keeping me in check lol. :grinning:

That article is really good though.

Profiles of the Lazy & Apathetic: Lucy Parsons

UnStuckers might not be familiar with the lady who the Chicago police called “more dangerous than a thousand rioters”. She was a lazy, apathetic complainer… who didn’t vote. That’s a violation of the rule. Don’t be like her… your vote counts !!!1!

Lucy was born slave in 1851. During the Civil War, her master fled from Virginia to Texas, taking his domesticated animals with him. After the war, now free, she married CSA veteran Albert Parsons. The were forced to flee to Chicago as an interracial couple.

Albert edited, and Lucy contributed to, The Alarm. They were labor organizers and activists for political prisoners, people of color, the homeless and women.

Infamously, the cops tossed her and their children in jail while they judicially lynched her husband in 1887. In 1905, at the Continental Congress of the Working Class, she was a founding member of the IWW. She continued organizing, and was harassed by the cops, until she died in 1942.

She is buried at Forest Home Cemetery (nee Waldheim), Forest Park IL, in sight of her husband (the Haymarket Martyrs’ Monument). I’ve made the pilgrimage, and cried a little, while I rested my Red Card (IWW dues booklet) upon their memorials.

They were a couple of lazy apathetic non-voters. They got what they deserved. They didn’t vote, so they didn’t have anything to complain about.

3 Likes

2004 Spanish Voting Propaganda Poster. In English:
Your vote counts! If you don’t vote, you can’t complain!”.

I kid, I kid. The CNT is an anarcho-syndicalist union.

Don’t let the politicians rule our lives/ You vote and they decide/ Don’t allow it/ Unity, Action, Self-management.

1 Like

Two of the more USAian accessible examples are South Africa, both during and after apartheid, and the US Abolitionists. I’ve already posted content regarding both. Perhaps peeps might wanna chat about the Abolitions ITT…

In May, 1844, the American Anti‐​Slavery Society passed the following resolution:

Resolved: The secession from the United States government is the duty of every abolitionist; since no one can take office, or throw a vote for another to hold office, under the United States Constitution, without violating his anti‐​slavery principles, and rendering himself an abettor of the slaveholder in his sin.

In 1845 Wendell Phillips defended this resolution in Can Abolitionists Vote or Take Office under the United States Constitution? [full text]. His principal targets were members of the Liberty Party, which had been formed in 1840 to promote abolitionism by political means.

Speaking of the aptly named Liberal Party… it was a bust.

The Liberty Party was a minor political party in the United States in the 1840s… The party included abolitionists who were willing to work within electoral politics,

The party did not attract much support. In the 1840 election, 6,797 votes and in the 1844 election 62,103 votes (2.3% of the popular vote)…, for 1848… 2,545 votes

1 Like

2 Likes

Ok the last dozen posts have been radical and gnarly but I thought of this while reading the earlier conversations:

1 Like