World of Warcraft (classic wotlk)

play what you like IMO but after level 60 you’ll never fail to find a dungeon group as a tank, at least right now. There’s a huge shortage. We’re not really short of tanks in the guild for raiding and stuff - but we are def short of tanks for doing 70 dungeons/heroics and things like that.

I honestly think bear tanks are really good in this expac. Everyone’s raving about and wants paladin tanks in their dungeon groups, but IMO they make poor raid tanks. I keep trying to tell my guild leader that we probably don’t want to go paladin as main tank but he’s convinced they are the best tanks in the game.

I’m in the mid 20’s on my paladin and plan on making him a healer - holy paladins have way more raid utility than prot IMO. They’re extremely good, efficient burst healers and I see almost zero paladin healers at the moment.

1 Like

Alchemy is insane right now. I was disappointed in primal might transmute profitability - the mats cost about 100 gold and they’re only selling for ~125 right now. After AH cut you are barely profiting on your 24h cooldown.

So I got transmute: earthstorm diamond from cenarion rep. It costs 3x deep peridot, 3x golden draenite, 3x shadow draenite, 2x primal earth, 2x primal water. About 75g in mats, and sells for 250 gold almost as fast as I can put it on the auction house. My first one sold in less than 10 minutes.

I don’t know why there’s such a disparity between the cost of mats and the end product but I’m not going to complain. I think it may be because this particular gem recipe is hidden behind revered cenarion. 175g a day for doing absolutely nothing? Yes please. Hope it lasts.

I was wrong, it’s just honored rep, not revered. Lol. Can also get the skyfire diamond transmute recipe from thrallmar - I’ve not looked at those prices yet.

I dunno, prepatch I was arbitraging like crazy. Sometimes the cost of my mats would go through the roof so I’d just sell mats. At one point plaguebloom was selling for 50g/stack. And no one was farming it! Other times I was profiting like 2-5g per elixir or potion sold and I was selling a hundred a day easily. Was nuts. I started a new character a week before release and nearly got to 1k gold before the portal opened. Alchemy is great. However right now pots/elixirs are selling for like half the cost of their mats for some reason so I am just hoarding my herbs. I’ve got like 3 stacks of fel lotus, lmao.

money wise this is my principle right now

prices for everything are way inflated as the sweaty tryhards are trying to progress early. So even if I need something, I am pretty much selling everything right now with the logic that when I need it again later, the price will be a lot lower. The exceptions are with items where I think the price has pretty much stabilized - like fel lotus/felweed for instance. However I’m selling the shit out of my terocones, which are going for 3-5g EACH. It’s like a way of shorting the market, I guess.

Yea unless I need it immediately (like mana/health potions) I’m pretty much selling it right now. I really am kicking myself for not selling my 50 stacks of netherweave for 7g/stack last week and now it’s going for 3g.

Had a hilarious world pvp situation last night. Was questing in netherstorm and I’ve been in a REALLY ganky mood lately, saw a boomkin killing some lvl 70 mobs and tried to unload aimed shot + multi + arcane into him. Ofc none of them crit and he turns around at like 25% health and charges at me and starts moonfiring me.

So i got him pretty low but was getting low myself - turned around and aggro’d a bunch of mobs as he followed me, I hit feign death and they turned around and killed him. Pretty hilarious.

He must have been absolutely livid because he came back with a friend (it was like a 10 min ghost walk from where he died) and killed me as I was finishing my last quest - then I got a little mad.

I come back after the long walk and they’re just sitting on my corpse. At this point I had started a dnd session with friends over zoom and semi-afk’d and watched to see how long they’d camp me. No joke 45 mins go by before they get bored and the friend leaves, leaving the boomkin alone.

He starts to hearthstone, I waited til it was at the very last second and rezzed and gunned him down in a huge triple crit burst, barely surviving his return salvo. It was relentlessly douchey (albeit hilarious) but fuck the allies man. They gave me so much grief on the way to 70. He came back eventually and just flew away, must have decided he wasted too much time on me. I was sad, I thought we were gonna duel all night!

/wow blog

@grue moments like this are why I prefer pvp servers honestly. The fun outweighs all the shit moments.

You can post what I did in any mmo chat in existence and get 50 responses like yours. I didn’t expect y’all to take the bait. :rofl:

It’s dropping here too - today I only banked a 120g profit.

Oh well, was too good to last but I imagine prices won’t stabilize for a little while because everyone’s probably using their transmutes on primal mights. Lots of pre-raid BIS uses tremendous amounts of primal might and you can only make one a day.

Speaking of pre-raid BIS I looked it up actually have several pieces already, and the ones that aren’t BIS are pretty damn close. Gonna go for the wrathtide longbow in steamvaults heroic but it’s only a 2% drop rate :/

By far the best bow til the one that drops off kara though.

hah yeah I mean that’s sorta fun especially when you win but man thats a lot of time wasted imo. Though back in the day definitely had that time.

1 Like

“Thank you so much for unlocking this cage that I’ve been held captive in! Let’s get out of here!”

immediately runs directly at 5 lizard demons and instantly dies, quest fail

The Classic WoW experience!

1 Like

Client crashes my 2018 macbook pro once an hour with just questie so mark up another hit for the worst laptop of all time.

Oof playing games on a mac

I got a little tipsy last night and spent like 600g filling out my preraid bis + enchants + green gems.

Still missing a meta gem on the helm but my gear is near pre-raid bis now. Guild’s nowhere near entering kara I fear, so I may just try to get into a pug this week to learn the encounters.

I had a BIS trinket finally drop last night from black morass, the hourglass of the unraveler which has a 10% chance to increase your AP by like 300 for 10 or 15 seconds, can’t remember. The TANK druid turns it to master loot and gives it to himself. It’s not even BIS for feral dps, which is total garbage anyway. His logic: “bear tanks scale off crit and this is an upgrade.”

Fuck you. Of course I got kicked after I complained, but like, what a piece of trash. I literally ran that place 9 times in a row to get that trinket. “It’ll drop again” he told me. If I could press a button and give him AIDS i’m not sure in that moment that I wouldn’t have smashed the button, I was so unbelievably pissed off.

I guess all there is to do now is rep and gold farm and finish my remaining pieces. Kind of bummed I ran out of things to do so quickly.

This server is so massive I doubt it does anything. They let me “roll” for it but in chat I saw he had already given it to himself. I was pissed they even had me roll for it! It’s a fucking hunter bis trinket, bears absolutely do not need it. Disgusting and greedy. He said it was for feral dps offspec but like I said it’s not even that good for them, they have tons of other options and I just don’t have that many.

Oh yea and I also got kara attuned last night, groups have been much easier to find for dps. I burned through the quest chain in an hour and a half. It was sweet.

Oh yea and my actual BIS hunter leggings (beastlord leggings) got sniped by an enhancement shaman the other day. Had I known at the time it was bis for me I would’ve ripped him a new one but I was just kind of like umm bummer.

Have not seen them drop since. Not running well at all on loot but luckily most of my bis is stuff you can buy off rep vendors or the AH.

Yea that sick 4 seconds off their traps is gonna be really critical lol

I’m not going for the 4 piece set bonus, and the two piece is meh for raiding. I have the shoulders already. I went with a slightly different blue mail set, can’t remember the name, but I have hands + helm which gives +35 hit rating and now I’m capped at 9.8% hit and the hard cap is 9% so I have some room to spare which is nice.

ETA: It is the desolation set

Ah no shit? @anon3530961 and I both have toons on that server and were in Adults With Jobs together back in 2019. I had always wanted to play a Rogue so I leveled one to 60, got about ~half the bis stuff for him and maxed out all primary and secondary professions. Unfortunately it suffered from the same problems there that jmakin mentions above (griefing, acute lack of tanks for raiding even though we were in a large-ish guild) and so I settled into BGs before the queue times got out of hand due to the ridiculous server pop imbalance. Seriously, when I quit it was over an hour wait to get into Alterac Valley, just absurd. Ganking gets old after a while so I quit, ironically before the pandemic hit.

I’d jump back in but damn idk when I’d have time to play between work and school :(

Then again the rep and faction grinding already sounds more tiresome than nostalgic now that I think about it. TBC seems so much smaller than WOTLK…

Not gonna lie, I outrolled a hunter on this the other day. I’m a rogue so it is still really good and a HUGE upgrade.

Hit 70 last week, got attuned to KZ over the weekend. Some of the sweaty guildies downed Gruuls Lair last on Monday, but I haven’t touched that yet. I’m actually missing KZ right now because I am going camping this weekend and need to pack. With the size of the guild, I wouldn’t be surprised if we have a KZ running 5-7 nights of the week soon.