World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

I can think of one guy who’s pretty fresh!

1 Like

Pulisic Saturday:

3 Likes

USA unlikely to defeat the Dutch, but I guarantee they hoped to face Iran instead.

3 Likes

No that was someone else. He was at Barca so like all its “graduates” brought up on Cruyff’s 433 but he since dropped that in favour of a more defensive back three.

The first two qualities describe the solidity I mentioned and I’m not convinced by the creativity.
Did Aaronson play? He has something at least though may be still a bit green for this WC.

Usually the best USA strength is athleticism but it’s not amazing this time imo

Problem there is still that young athletes with exceptional ball/eye coordination, spatial awareness, balance and speed are going to gravitate to other sports imo.

1 Like

Right, you get Jeter and Steph curry and NFL cornerbacks playing soccer? Watch out world.

I’ll take your word for it!

1 Like

Like some people say that athleticism isn’t important in soccer but, uh, seems like it might be kinda useful

Shaqtin’

He’s never winning that header if Kevin Durant chooses soccer over basketball.

2 Likes

I think Reyna, Pulisic, McKennie, Weah, and Dest make some clever passes and find ways to create space. I mean it’s stuff all the great teams do all the time, but it’s been sorely lacking for US soccer. For a long time our offense was hey that Landon Donovan guy doesn’t suck and he’s really fast and has a nice cross, and Clint Dempsey has a nice shot. That was it. Everyone else was basically useless offensively.

Came on for Pulisic when he got hurt just before half. Love his upside long term. Given that '26 is in North America and we are young still with potential, I love our upside as a team. If we can find a high level #9, and that’s obviously a big if, we may be able to make a run.

My hope for this World Cup was to get out of the group stage, test ourselves against elite competition, and hopefully win one knockout game for the valuable experience for the youngsters on this stage. Win or lose we got to play two of the top seven teams and got a result in one of those so that’s big.

Hopefully W/L they walk off the field Saturday knowing they can battle anyone anytime, then we have four years to find a #9 and a manager who understands that Gio Reyna is one of our best players.

Probably KD should stick to basketball but a lot of the small NBA guards would probably be elite soccerers if that’s their main sport growing up. Labron in goal, obviously. Then fill out the squad with NFL corners and wide receivers and hooo boy hold on to your dick.

I know we are joking here but 98% of those guys are way too big to be running 13 km twice a week.

1 Like

Unfortunately potential elite 9s are the worst kept secrets in world football. Any 9 good enough to take 2026 by storm is already on everyone’s radar, but from what you’re saying the US radar screen is empty.

Anyone else thing Keeed is US soccer’s good luck charm?

Three games, three flags in his avatar to troll the USMNT fans, three results. Thanks SK!

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/usmntonly/status/1597709808723177475

4 Likes

Not 5’11"-6’2" NBA guards. Cornerbacks and WRs might be too big with their NFL bodies but they’d use different kinds of PEDs than what they’re currently using, whatever that Messi guy is using. Hell Ronaldo practically looks like he could play in the NFL right now.

I mean he might die but dude is jacked!

You’d prefer a Donovan Mitchell, wes Welker type, but they need to have elite ball skills by like, age 13