World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

https://twitter.com/conorsen/status/1594362068232200203?s=46&t=t-T0ELBASc-iq8oC1GTQAA

How is that offsides??

They are saying the goal scorer is offsides because the original header. Heā€™s off

But then ball goes back to a guy that karate kicks it to Valencia who is onside then

Itā€™s like they are calling him offsides two passes away

Iā€™ve watched hundreds of games in my life. Thatā€™s just not offsides!

Its not offside. The only reason can be a high boot when he puts it in, but thatā€™s bullshit too. something is not right.

Offside confirmedā€¦ but itā€™s the lol var kind

well they just showed it was from the original free kick so hmmm maybe. Fucking weird World cup this is going to be

Penalty called right after, lol

No it wasnā€™t that either. It was the second ball

how is that not a red card?

very important observation, but iā€™m surprised at how predominantly black Ecuador lineup is. I googled and african-ecuadorian are only 3-5% of the population

Rule changed

Yeah maybe. At least a yellow and then the penalty is enough is fine I think . The goalkeeper is terrible, it wouldnā€™t surprise me if he gets subbed lol

So the original kick was headed by a guy and the guy that passes it to the karate kick guy was offsides?

The free kick was onside. The header that popped straight up into the air eventually went to a player that was a fraction offside. It looks so weird because it bounced and took so long for him to get a touch

1 Like

Bruh thatā€™s targeting right?

I wanted to bet Qatar 0 goals this tournament but potential riggage stopped me.

Probably still will for CR and SA

Yeah i want to see this again. did it pop straight up? It has to go forward for it be offside

Like 99% sure this isnā€™t true

What is the offside rule in simple terms?

Image result for offside rule

The rule states that an attacking player is in an offside position if any part of their body - except hands and arms - is in the opposing teamā€™s half and thereā€™s no opposing player between them and the goalkeeper before the ball is played forward.

1 Like

yep no youā€™re right. its player in relationship to the ball

1 Like

Looked it up and Iā€™m right. Happened to Kane somewhat recently

1 Like