World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

Spain dominate possession against any team.

Was the Japan over Germany a big upset? From the minute amount I know about World Cup soccer I assumed it was.

Not as big as SA over Argentina

But Germany lost to Macedonia or something last year. They arenā€™t elite right now.

2 Likes

Ah thanks. Yeah that SA win seemed pretty unexpected, even more so. At least my limited instincts on soccer seem to be okay.

Watching the replay now. What a crazy game.

Andā€¦ thatā€™s why soccer is such an amazing sport.

they shouldā€™ve lost to Oman in their last warmup lol i shit you not

Germany has been bad for about 6 years despite being fine to good on paper.

I bet pretty heavily against them in 2018 because they had no athleticism.

Now they just have absolutely nothing at CF, FB is kind of weak and itā€™s not built around a philosophy in the same way Spain is.

Argentina, Belgium and Germany all under performed in their first game.

Iā€™d be most worried about Belgium, then Germany not worried about Argentina.

Belgium got spanked by almost 2.5 xG by a team that was a 6.5/1 dog two days ago. Thatā€™s not a team thatā€™s winning this world cup and this is the last dance for their golden generation.

Germany has to beat Spain to advance now, thatā€™s bad. But Musiala might be one of the 3 best u21 players, you still won a world cup in the last decade and there is young talent coming

Argentina, Iā€™m waiting for next game. They could have been up 3 or 4 at half. Win the next two and no big deal.

1 Like

the cele :heart_eyes:

The other day I was trying to come up with countries that stand a chance to be a new WC winner. Maybe Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark and Portugal (damn I hope not)?

Iā€™d definitely put Croatia in that group. And hell, Iā€™ll overreact to one result and add Japan too.

1 Like

Soy celeste.

1 Like

1 Like

LOL complete mega flop rewarded as per usual

Penalty shots are dumb. A foul on a 5% chance of scoring should not translate into an 80% chance of scoring.

Can we change the title to

ā€˜Riverman alone, as an American, can fix the sport.ā€™

10 Likes

Right. My one ā€œAmerican fixing soccerā€ take is that there needs to be some in between for a foul in the box that isnā€™t a direct scoring opportunity.

All it leads to now is refs swallowing the whistle on clear fouls and fouls that have a far bigger consequence than they deserve.

1 Like

Iā€™m on o2.5 and bailed on the sweat at 60ā€™

Just looked and itā€™s 3-1!!

1 Like

Teams like Arsenal/city,/barca would basically never lose if the 3 times a game they gave up possession that lead to a shot they could just foul with impunity in the box.

Itā€™s bad enough these teams tactically foul outside of it to break up any counter

Leao was a huge candidate for breakout star.

Decent chance he goes to Chelsea for like 100m and ruins his career tho.