World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

Didn’t lose that much because of that, but the late consolation goals cost me ~500 US this round.

Still a very good week, had Brazil ht/ft, Richarlison to score and Brazil to win today as well.

Now that I think of it, your best sports bar option in Tokyo might be TGIF. It’s been awhile but I distinctly remember they having just such bars at their locations there.

Here are a couple additional lists of options:

https://twitter.com/FOXSoccer/status/1599799567104499712

https://twitter.com/EricWynalda/status/1600022071131533312

Yeah someone misspoke live on TV woop woop.

Just paid out a 20 year old bet.

Bet my brother in law during the 2002 world cup that Australia would do better than england in 2022.

50 pounds.

Brother in law no longer my brother in law. But a bets a bet.

12 Likes

Would he have paid you if you won?

Morocco, come on.

1 Like

Let’s gooooooooo Moroccooooooooooo

Where are all the avid football watchers who had informed and good ideas on how to improve the game?

You didn’t improve the game so we all left.

uh I’m right here

I expect North America to have all the bugs fixed in four years time and a much improved and more marketable “product”.

Instead of Yellow cards, the fouled player should get one minute and three shots with a yellow paintball gun. If you can dodge them, no card.

And instead of red cards US gun laws come into play.

OK holy shit I just solved overtime. Every five minutes each team has to draw marbles out of a hat. Equal number of green, white, and black marbles. If you draw a white marble nothing happens. If you draw a green marble you get to add another player on the pitch. If you draw a black marble you have to remove a player.

1 Like

You could also experiment with wildcard singleton marbles. Purple marble? You get an extra goalkeeper. Polka dotted marble? Put another ball out on the pitch.

download (11)

1 Like

Just checking in now, first recap?

Slow start, Spain didn’t get a shot off for the first 25 minutes. Hopefully things open up a bit in the second half.