World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

I like Gnabry! A lot! But Bundesliga numbers and performances are so, so inflated.

Sancho and Werner averaged over 1 goal or assist per game in Germany. Both were awful in the PL. Havertz hasn’t been much better.

Guys can get 30+ g/a there then get 5 in the PL because the defending is that poor.

Reiss Nelson is a very mediocre young bench talent for Arsenal. On loan in Germany he was averaging numbers not far of Gnabry for Hoffenheim.

I remember these arguments when Haaland transferred.

Senegal +530 seems like value.

There’s a difference between a generational talent and guys who are pretty good.

The best success stories for the Bundesliga of the last decade were Firmino and Son, neither were what they became at that point however.

Sancho had a 17g/12a season in the Bundesliga two years ago. He didn’t even make this England squad.

Same is true for Ligue 1. Does that make Mbappe a fraud? Obviously not.
Would that give me pause before spending big money on two players I like, David and Balogun on loan from arsenal (top 5 in ligue 1 scoring both u23). Yes, I’d really be wary of spending 20+ on Balogun or 40+ on David.

I think one of Senegal, Canada or Japan will win as +500 or more underdogs.

I dont think they’re top level quality but Cody Gakpo might be a thing. One of the young attackers to watch this tournament

Do not like this Dutch lineup.

Bergjwin and Janssen suck. Gakpo not in the front line is weird. Depay must be nursing an injury?

First half empty stadium. Without the England/US or host nation pull I’m expecting this more often than not

Yeah Haaland is the outlier here. Havertz is more the norm

Can’t let the women in, can’t let the migrant workers in, drawing low to find people by that point.

2 Likes

Plus no drinking? That’s the only reason most people are “into sports”.

https://twitter.com/ShooterMcGavin_/status/1594684982966075393

5 Likes

I mean how many Senegalese people afford to travel to Qatar for the World Cup?

Hell, how many Americans or Brits?

Going to major pro sporting events are for the rich.

1 Like

Clear hand to balls

Wow taking the stretcher off for the open hand to the giblets?

does the open hand really make it that much better?

I guess I’d rather get slapped in the nuts than punched in the nuts? Not sure I’ve ever seen anyone leave a sporting event due to a nutshot and I’ve seen some savage ones, maybe that’s a common soccer thing tho. Wild.

Sort of assuming they were going to take him off anyhow and it was just a stalling thing.

No Aaronson eh?

I like it. Set pieces aren’t his strength and I don’t think that this is the type of game where we need his biggest strength (the press)

1 Like

Feels weird not skewering a Gregg lineup.

1 Like