World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

Just let CR win now Germany. Fuck Spain.

2 Likes

So Spain needs to fade Germany scoring like 7 goals here?

Great. Germany out.

1 Like

6 for germany, 3 for costa rica with like one minute left

10 seconds you mean

Is Spain or Japan on the USMNT side of the bracket?

japan but why would that matter, wouldnā€™t meet till the semis

Spain playing morocco now, not a terrible result for them

Well heā€™s a really good player the rest of his team is trash

Those 2 or 3 minutes Costa Rica were ahead were the most exciting moments of the tournament so far.

3 Likes

Spain also gets to avoid Brazil in the quarters now, they now likely get morocco-portugal/Switzerland instead of croatia-brazil if they had won the group

What were the pre-tournament odds of a 3 team parlay with Japan beating Germany, losing to Costa Rica and beating Spain?

jesus lmao

Well its deserved. If you dont score and go to halftime at least 3:0 up you dont need to wonder about this outcome. With a 3:0 I think Spain plays different. Also not sure who decided to shift down 2 gears after the 1:0. I think it was a terri le gameplan if your goal wasnt to run up the score and instead put your faith in Spain knowing that the road to the final would reward some trickery.

Wouldnt have started Mueller either.

Now I can go back to nit caring about this shitshow of a tourney.

Each win was 8/1

Definitely in play by a tiny, tiny fraction:

2 Likes

That picture is not conclusive though by itself, right?

Itā€™s 100% in play at that specific moment, but could have been out a few milliseconds later.

1 Like

depends on where the camera is

1 Like

https://twitter.com/thesharpeend/status/1598410546482651180?s=46&t=Z3w36pKvgxEoi6c9nMdC2g

Also they have goal line tech I donā€™t see why they couldnā€™t just extend it out. Regardless that ball was in, that shot is the closest it got to going out

1 Like

Que? Ball is clearly in