World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

nvm its france

So far the USA have the best chance of an upset, but don’t see any

yeah, and then run into winner of arg-aus. which is i guess tougher

This Mexico team is just bad and they have a lot of work to do before 2026.

Argentina is better obviously but I can feel the WIL from them

Watched the game in a room full of Poles. Went in hoping that Argentinia goes home. After Mexico was up 2:0 I wanted Poland gone. Terriblr performance by them. Anti-football.

pk save the diff frrom poland

2026 groups are 3 teams, so we won’t have this final games playing simultaneously magic.

How’s it gonna work? Teams A and B play. 4 days later Teams A and C play, then 4 days later Teams B and C play, and they can just play to a draw if it helps them both?

It’s cool to have 48 countries but seems like they could lose a lot of the magic. Having 2 teams get eliminated from the group round adds a lot to the final day.

Keeper seems awesome. Rest of team ugh

I think they’re doing PKs in all of the group round games :stabby:

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/briansciaretta/status/1598060497290416129?s=46&t=TpgF5C19oJO06cMBeEcdGg

2 Likes

I don’t even think 48 teams is cool. I think there are about 28ish competitive teams. With 32, we’re only seeing a couple groups where 1 team isn’t remotely competitive, by adding 16 more, there will be even more trash teams. Any additional CONCACAF or AFC team will be complete trash.

3 Likes

9 Likes

Assume they will be seeded pretty far down so two powerhouses can’t be in the same group?

Denmark and Canada been woeful

Denmark was fine, just unlucky game 1 and lost to a late Mbappe winner game 2. Bad today, but just disappointing rather than truly at a “dont belong here” level.

Canada in their 2 games has more xG than Argentina, USA or Netherlands. That’s including the third game for the Dutch and USA. If you take out the 90th minute tap in concession they get from chasing a result, they’re on positive xG.

Canada outshot Belgium 22-7, had 2.6-2.9 xG depending on the model. One of the top 5 xG performances of the tournament. To say they’ve been woeful is wild. Unlucky in game one, then naive in the last hour of the next. But their metrics and play exceed the USA in a much tougher group.

2 Likes

They were dismantled by Croatia. Absolutely throttled after the nice Phonsie goal.

Lol

It took about 30 minutes for Croatia to figure out Vittoria and Hutchinson move about as quick as an oil tanker.

But, “got outplayed for 60 minutes by last WC runner up” after outshooting the 3rd place team from last WC even more isn’t woeful.

Dutch are closer to woeful even though they won their group imo. They’re likely to go far but have under 2 xG for the tournament and got pumped way harder by Ecuador than Canada did vs Croatia, just the final score didn’t show such.

(Belgium isn’t good)