World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

and blunder prone, Got subbed for Saliba.

Fuckin get in

1 Like

So what happens to the kids who spend extended amounts of time in Euro academies, but then donā€™t make it as a pro? Are they just fucked b/c they didnā€™t really receive an education?

The academy kids still are until 16. You arenā€™t able to register U16 players for UEFA competitions. Arsenal put on a 15 year old a few months ago and that kid is still receiving schooling.

1 Like

1 Like

So then couldnā€™t an American kid coming up in one of the MLS academies be playing roughly the same amount of soccer growing up?

I believe so. I think the main difference is the quality of coaching.

Iā€™ve seen that there have popped up a ton of ā€œsummer north American toursā€ or week long camps from youth teams by the big European clubs. Seem scammy tbh

1 Like

Iā€™m mainly just talking about Neymar. I know a lot of their players grew up in rough circumstances and are extremely tough, as opposed to Neymar who grew up poor and went through some stuff, only to emerge as a soft, entitled, bratty Bolsonaro supporter once he became a superstar.

Ok. You should watch it anyway, itā€™s good.

That is why I think Brazil will basically always be better than the USA though.

1 Like

I forgot about the new bargaining agreement between the USMNT and USWNT were winnings are evenly divided. The USMNT advancing out of the group stage will make more money for the USWNT than their last two WCs.

Arenā€™t there plenty of working class kids in the US whoā€™d be attracted to the game and the escape it offers the very talented?

Ben White has returned to the UK for unspecified ā€œpersonal reasonsā€ and isnā€™t expected to return to the tournament.

Reposting an absolute classic from @EmpireMan in anticipation of LOLMEXICO

7 Likes

donā€™t have fox but do have peacock so Iā€™ve been on the spanish telecasts, other than goal said for over 2 minutes and players names canā€™t understand a word, beats dumb english commentary at least

1 Like

you will not slander Ian Darke like this

Holy shit Alvarez made contact with the ref after his yellow, he should have been sent off.

Lol thought you meant Julian as Iā€™m watching Argentina and went ā€œhow did I miss that?ā€